Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding multiple Ace 3 devices to sync with my Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I'm having trouble setting up multiple Ace 3's to sync with the Fitbit app on my Android phone. 

I have previously created regular Google accounts for all children (all under the age of 8). I've also setup a Google "Family" with myself as the family manager and all children's google accounts added as members. 

The kids do not have their own devices. And this seems to be the core of the issue. 

Here's what I've tried so far:
Approach 1. To add the Ace 3 in Fitbit's app, you need to be logged in with a "Child" account. So I've tried to login with my children's regular Google accounts into Fitbit, but the Fitbit app doesn't recognize their Google account as "Child" accounts, and so I can't add the Ace 3. When I try to add the Ace 3, the Fitbit app prompts me to log in with my child's account. If I try to log in with my child's regular Google account, the Fitbit app doesn't allow me to add the Ace 3 since it is not recognized as a child account. 

Approach 2. I've downloaded Google's Family Link app on my phone. I've tried to add their existing Google accounts to Family Link, but Family Link prompts me to go to their "device" and open settings and follow the on-screen prompts. Well... they don't have devices, and I'm not seeing any other option (like send an email to accept being added to Family Link). So it is not possible to add their existing Google accounts to family link since they don't have their own devices. Another dead end.

Approach 3. From Google Family Link, I tried using the create new account option for them and just created a new Google account. This seems to correctly create a child account for them. But then amazingly.... I can't log into to the Fitbit app using this new "Child" Google account... because Google / Android won't allow you to be logged into the 'parent' account and 'child' account on the same Android device. So another dead end.

Looking to see if anyone has solved this issue before... beyond frustrating as one would figure that Google would have this figured out, as they own Fitbit, and the Ace 3 is targeted to children. If the child does not have their own Google device, it seems impossible to connect their Ace 3's to my Google device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution to make it work? I have one tablet for my 2 children and added one ace tot that tablet but i Can not add the second ace tot the same tablet. And i Cant add the device to my phone. Really frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had a very frustrating time chatting with both Google Family Account support and Fitbit Support. They both basically said that the children need to have their own devices to use it. If they don't, you are SOL. 
So beyond frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes