Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ace track exercise?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Son has now had his Ace for a few days. And he loves it!

But, the exercise tracker doesn't appear to work automatically, like with an adult Fitbit

Should it work? Or is it the case that you have to manually input exercises?

thanks

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's such a shame the Fitbit Ace doesn't automatically track exercise.  We got one for our son for Christmas.  I foolishly assumed it would automatically track his exercise like my Charge HR. I think this would be a great addition to the Ace and make it a whole lot more fun for kids.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Looking at the Specs on the Ace it does not have smart track. So they would need to be manually logged

Specs: scroll down

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/ace?color=electric-blue

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

My guess is that since it doesn't have a heart rate tracker, the exercise might need to be manually added.  This happened all the time with my Flex 1.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PiqueMathsGuy  I haven't seen the kid view of the app - I don't have a child/grandchild in the age range to set one up.  Does the kid view have an Exercise Tile?  You will need an Exercise Tile to manually log an activity.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW, yes there is a 'track exercise' tile in the kid view which then let's you log it in.

Best Answer

@PiqueMathsGuy just as @DramaQueenDiva@LZeeW@WendyB stated Fitbit Ace does not have SmartTrack to automatically track exercise. Under kid view you can set exercise goals and manually tack exercise in the Fitbit App as @Roni_S mentions. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

It's such a shame the Fitbit Ace doesn't automatically track exercise.  We got one for our son for Christmas.  I foolishly assumed it would automatically track his exercise like my Charge HR. I think this would be a great addition to the Ace and make it a whole lot more fun for kids.

Best Answer

Such a poor product the Ace 2. So disappointed with it. The screens are low quality, not much choice of screens either. I just added a walk as an exercise and it added on like 3000 extra steps for some reason even though it already counted steps on the walk. So even that feature seems useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter has the Ace 2 and I am aware it will not automatically track exercise but how do you log it manually? When I click on the + on the exercise tile it, come up as a empty log and doesn’t allow me to add. She does a lot of exercise and what’s to log it.

Best Answer

We have the same problem. Can anyone help? 

Best Answer

Hello.  If you push exercise and then tap the stopwatch in the upper right hand corner, you can search your exercise (walk, bike, workout etc.) and then you should be able to put the specs in from there.  I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you track exercise on then Ace 2 without it adding extra steps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to click on Track Exercise, then on the next page, in the search field you have to enter the type of exercise, let's say Horseback riding and then click on that and add the number of minutes or distances you have done of that exercise and then save it (or Add it). If you add number of minutes, depending on the type of exercise you have chosen, it should not add steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How I can see icon exercise in my son watch ace 2? I add exercise bike, run, swim and walk in the app but I cannot see in the watch, do you  know how I can see the options? So my son can select the exercise that he is going to do 

Best Answer
I do not think there is an actual way to see it on the watch itself.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t understand, I bought this watch so my son can select and track any exercise option, but it seems the fitbit ace 2 doesn’t have, i am so disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughters Ace2 adds extra steps! She was just at 8,700 steps. I added her 41min walk and suddenly it jumped to 13,000 steps!! Why is that?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to select all exercises within the app and add them that way 👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you select exercises in Fitbit ace 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kaz1110 It is not possible, ACE 3 (and all ACE series) don't offer possibility to track exercises.

Best Answer
0 Votes