Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclamation mark won't go

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After recently trying to upgrade the software of my daughters Ace it is now completely unresponsive, screen shows an exclamation mark and nothing else. The update didnt finish and an error message came up. Have tried numerous times to redo the update, I've tried a reset using the button on the charging lead, have charged it overnight, have reinstalled the App and still nothing, can't get anything other than the exclamation mark. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Craigianbrown Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Fitbit Ace us unresponsive and only shows an exclamation mark. Thank you by the way for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our Fitbit forums.

Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with my son’s new Fitbit Ace. Please email any suggestions 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted the app off her phone, reset Bluetooth, reconnected everything and downloaded the latest software update again and it seemed to fix it

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

So if I'm reading this correctly, the exclamation mark is on the tracker itself and not the app, correct?

If it is correct, that most likely means that the tracker needs a charge.  Put it on the charger for a few hours and see what happens.  The same thing happened with my Mom's Ace this weekend when I tried to reset it.  I put it on the charger for a few hours and it was back to normal.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@CraigFiedler Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! The suggestions that recommended @Craigianbrown and @DramaQueenDiva are great. I would tried them as those workarounds have helped other users that have experienced this issue.

In addition, I'd like to share this help article which describes how to restart the Fitbit Ace.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I purchase a Fitbit ace for my nephew and we are having the same issue. We have used the reboot instruction but it will not charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FernandoR89 It's good to see new faces in the Community. Welcome aboard! I'm happy to assist you with your nephew's Fitbit Ace since it's displaying an exclamation mark. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'd just like you to try to charge the Ace on another USB port. Also, try cleaning the contacts of the device and charging cable with a cotton swab in order to remove any dust that the contacts accumulate. Finally, charge the Ace for 2-3 hours and see if the exclamation mark disappears.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes