Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter got a brand new Fitbit 2 weeks ago and since charging all the functions (time, active minutes etc) ‘twinkle/flash’ on the screen. It doesn’t stop you reading the data but I wonder if this is a fault or a feature? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

A warm welcome to the Community @Mousie12 !

Congratulations on your daughter's brand new Fitbit Ace! I am glad to assist you with your inquiry about the stats flashing on the screen. To investigate, I would like to confirm if your daughter has Fitbit Ace or Ace 2 and what clock face have you selected? 

Looking forward to your response!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply..
It’s not an ace 2 my daughter has it’s the ‘ace’ model!

She has selected a horizontal display showing only the time! Hope this makes sense?

Regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mousie12 ! Thank you for your reply!

I appreciate the additional details and would like to confirm that the screen on Ace is dimmed when not in use. It wakes up automatically when your daughter turns her wrist (Quick View feature), or she can double-tap Ace where the screen meets the band. To advance between screens and see the stats, your daughter should give her device a tap.

If your daughter has turned on reminders to move, at 10 minutes before the hour, Ace vibrates if she hasn’t walked at least 250 steps. For more information, see What is a reminder to move?

You can find more information about Fitbit Ace here.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any questions! Happy stepping!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

It works in every way other than the time, steps, active minutes, etc etc all do this twinkly flashing thing when she turns her wrist or double taps. Her friend has same watch and I have the hr Alta and neither of those Fitbit’s flicker like this!!??

Regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mousie12 ! Thanks for the detailed explanation about the device's behavior.

If you haven't done so, I'd like you to restart the Ace as described in this help article. This will refresh the tracker internally. Please monitor the tracker during the next 24 hours and let me know if the issue gets fixed. 

Keep me posted on the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

I did the restart on my daughters Fitbit as you had suggested and it seems to have worked. Thank you so much for your assistance and hopefully it’ll still be working once fully charged!!

Many thanks
Kind regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Mousie12 That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Ace back on track after following the great troubleshooting steps that shared @LiliyaFitbit. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer