Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace not finishing set up after adding 4 digit numbers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

set up one ace tracker ok on family account but 2nd ace won't set up pass 4 digit numbers have restarted computer and Bluetooth and ace tracker but still the same problem.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I am having the same issue. My daughter got an Ace for Christmas and when I try adding her account to my account on the app on my iPhone 8, I enter the 4 digit number and get the error message of "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.fitbit.HTTP error 500.)" I have restarted the Ace, as well as the app and my phone. I am also hoping that I don't lose my own Fitbit data in this difficulty. I am beyond frustrated and disappointed in the Fitbit company that they could not develop a smooth addition to the kids' tracker. 

Is my best bet to return the tracker and get another Ace or another model altogether? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took mine back and got a replacement ace that worked perfectly.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@kwaz97 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during the set up process. Thanks for trying to resolve before contacting us. In order to investigate this issue I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

@fibrofattofit I'm glad to hear that your new Fitbit Ace works perfectly. Thank you for letting us know.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess there is no resolution other than returning this Ace? No help from support at all. Options to reset, delete, or reinstall are all unsuccessful. This item was a gift from my son's school and I do not have a receipt or store to take the item back for return.

Any other type of help you can offer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drandsii thank you for getting back! Since your son's Ace is still unable to be set up, let me know what is the brand and model of the mobile device that you are trying the setup process with.

Also, make sure that your mobile device has the most recent Fitbit app version installed.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

JaunJo...Galaxy Tab A (latest firmware) you had mentioned in a previous post this was my problem, but I do not completely agree & Galaxy Samsung S9 (latest firmware)

Best Answer
0 Votes
After being on the phone for 30 minutes the company finally told me to mail
it in and they’d replace it
Best Answer

@drandsii I'm sorry for the late response. However, I appreciate your response. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@JenniferPu I'm also sorry for the late reply. However, I'm so glad to hear that our Support team took care of your case. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbitI am very truly sorry for the late reply...been kind of crazy the last 6-9 months! I was never contacted by the support team and would like to know what to do next. I have just downloaded the latest firmware on my new Samsung Galaxy S20 and the same problem persists (I have tried Samsug Galaxy S9, Galaxy Tab A, and Iphone 6S as well as Iphone XI. I have a Fitbit Ace that I have tried many different processes to get it setup and it just does not work. Please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @drandsii.

I am sorry to hear you haven't been contacted by our Support team. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I've sent these details to our Support team and they will be contacting you soon. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the Support team email, and unfortunately all the steps they list are the same that were offered in this forum. I have replied to them to see what else they recommend. Thanks for the supporr.

Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @drandsii.

I understand your concern, I am sure our Support team will do their best to help you, please keep working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes