Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ace strap too small

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve just bought the Fitbit ace for my son the strap is way too small will any other fitbit strap be compatable with it.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Thanks.

problem sorted, replacement sent!  Great customer service:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good news @vHuds, thank you for the update. It's great to know you had a good experience wit the Customer Support team. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. My son received a Fitbit Ace for his 9th birthday last week and the band is way too tight, He's a normal sized kid with a normal sized wrist and it leaves a terrible mark on his wrist after being worn all day. I was quite horrified to see the mark on his wrist yesterday afternoon when he showed me and made him remove the Ace immediately - it had dug into his wrist and looked frightening. This morning his wrist is bruised from where the band pinches during wear. I'm happy to send you a photo of the bruising as I can't seem to post the image here. We chose this over a Garmin Jr because it's marketed as kids 8 plus and suitable for older kids. The band is ridiculously tiny and is really not fit for purpose. Can I please arrange to have a replacement band, as has happened for other customers with a similar predicament. Cheers, Nikki

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nik27 You should reach out to Fitbit Customer Service. They can likely get the extended strap for you. 

Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit Ace for my daughters 10th birthday and it is too small for her.  Not impressed.  How do I get a strap that fits?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nik27 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your son's Ace wristband is too tight. I would like to follow up and would like to know if you were able to get in touch with our Support team as my friend @Jrdubyakc suggested.

@Kel74 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! Since you mentioned that your daughter's Ace wristband is also too tight. Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Customer Support team so they can follow up and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if any questions arise! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did and we received a new strap customer service ie is amazing!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted them via chat and was told someone would be in touch. That was five days ago and so far, crickets. So for me, not so fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I emailed them they got back within a couple days. It was Fitbit support if
you can find that I’ll look too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great to know @Jamie330, thank you for sharing the positive experience you had with Customer Support. 

Thank you for the update @nik27, I noticed that you mentioned a situation with some marks or bruises in your son's wrist, so it's possible a special department is handling your case, but you should definitely be getting a reply soon. 

Thank you again for all the information and feedback provided, keep us posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cheers Davide. I've emailed them again, so we'll see how long it takes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great @nik27, keep us posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
I’m surprised by that. They sorted me straight away via chat...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe they don’t like Australians ... 😂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Had an excellent response from customer support. They are sending out
bigger strap for my daughters Ace.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Really? And you contacted them AFTER I did. That's incredibly annoying. For me and my kid. Not for you and your kid. Fitbit customer service peeps, get your act together...

Best Answer
0 Votes

"We're very sorry to hear about the issue your son experienced.

Thank you for contacting us via chat. We're escalating this case and someone will be contacting you shortly.

Sincerely,

Liliya A and the Fitbit Team"

This was on November 3 and I've heard zip since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe just Kiwis!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing the positive experienced you had with Customer Support @Mum108 and @Kel74

As mentioned previously @nik27, besides the wristband not being the correct size, it appears that you also mentioned a few problems presented with the skin, so all your information and assistance process would be handled by another department, however, it shouldn't take too long for you to get a response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be fair, I don't think so. His arm didn't fall off. The band was simply too tight/ small so it left an imprint on his skin after he removed it. Like when you wear too tight socks and the elastic digs in around your ankle. Or like when you wear a hair tie around your wrist for too long. And he got a bruise where it had pinched because the band was too tight. Nothing that would explain or necessitate a 7-day wait for a reply. All we need is a band that actually fits. And the courtesy of a reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes