Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend not receiving messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am "friends" with someone with an Ace.  I send a message to him and he sent a message to me.  Neither of us received the message.  I also sent a cheer which he did not receive.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Do you have them turned on in your profile?

Best Answer
I don't know. I don't see any where to do that.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Bucky2, these messages do not come directly to the Ace.  They come to the device the Ace syncs with, so the message should come on your phone / tablet, or, if you are using a parent's device, on their phone / tablet.

Edited to add: following your post I checked this on my own family set up and it appears that messages are not coming through in Kid view, and also cheers/ taunts from Kids are not coming through to parent view, so I think this is not working as expected at this time.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I have found messages (finally and no thanks to the manual) in the Fitbit app for ace users. It’s under friends and then messages. 

78457DFD-2C78-4241-83B8-622F526E86CF.jpeg

To have the message pop up in the app, notifications within settings in the app AND notifications in your iPhone iOS settings need to be turned on.  The messaging system is very poor functioning though. You can only see your incoming message and not the ones you sent out so following a discussion thread is out of the question. Also, despite turning on all the notifications, none have actually popped up in the ace Fitbit app. Hoping this will eventually sort itself out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bucky2 and @Naug23, it's good to see you around in the forums for the first time. I can see @SunsetRunner and @Julia_G have already provided important information about how the messages work with the app and Fitbti Ace. 

@Bucky2, you would need to check at how the interaction is happening, as @Julia_G mentioned, messages do not come directly to the Ace and they are not coming through in Kid view either. Through kid view, your child can message, cheer, or taunt anyone in their Fitbit family account. If your child is participating in a challenge, they can cheer or send messages to others including participants who aren’t part of your family account. Is the other person you mentioned a child? Are you part of the same family account

Make sure to try the steps @Naug23 has shared with us to turn on notifications in your app and phone settings.

Thanks for all the feedback regarding the messages feature  @Bucky2, I'm sure these suggestions will be of help too; it's also good to know you were able to set everything up. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes