Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable quick view on Ace?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter just got her Ace today, as we were getting it set up I saw that we could disable the quickview - Ace waking when she lifts and turns her wrist towards her - but I can’t seem to find where to do this...please help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

I’m so disappointed this functionality hasn’t been added yet. The display is waking my daughter at night. I slept in the same hotel with her this week and it even woke me a few times! When will the functionality be taken care of? 

Best Answer

Oh please let me respond to this, given it's the weekend I can save the moderator a job.  I've seen the canned response of empty words and planned action enough times now to know that nothing is actually happening.  It isn't even on fitbit's road map, let alone a feature request or bug raised.  It goes something like this:-

"Welcome to our Fitbit forum.  Our team is aware of this and an update will be posted when available.  I understand how you feel and appreciate your feedback, patience and understanding."

They haven't even taken the time to provide a work around. 

This discussion should not be marked as solved.  Come on Fitbit.  Pull your finger out. This isn't an enhancement request it's a bug.  It's not a priority 1 show stopper but the severity is 1 and it is effecting more users than are in this forum from using the product as described.

Oh and moderator, you don't need to give me the canned response of "I appreciate your frustration" because you absolutely, positively do not!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @Techtosterone Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh Stop it now!!! Are you guys even real people??? 

Best Answer

@Techtosterone Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community and sorry for the delayed response.

Since there is no option to disable the quick view feature for the Fitbit Ace, you are welcome to post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board which is regularly reviewed by the team of developers for possible implementations.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Darn it @Techtosterone! You beat me to it! But I’ve still got to have my say (which is a repeat I’m afraid, but I’m only copying the moderator method of communication who seem to think repeating themselves means we’ll understand better!) @EdsonFitbit At the very very very start of this forum the moderator says you can disable this during setup - so it is possible. The fact you can’t afterwards means it was not tested (if at all) during your QA process & is therefore A bug which needs fixing. JuanJo from Fitbit has been telling us repeatedly & I quote ”our team is aware of this & we are working on a solution” and that you’ll let us know when it is available. Are you saying your team member has been lying to us repeatedly all this time because now you’re saying we need to raise it on another forum as a feature suggestion!  I’m sure that was a typo & you meant that as part of your on-going customer care you had already done this for us when it was first raised in July 2018 & everytime someone else asked about it you’ve been speaking to the head of engineering & your project manager to get us a timeline for a fix? You’re behaving like all of us customers with the faulty product are the problem, but I think you’ll find it’s the other way around. JuanJo acknowledged it’s a bug & that you’re working on a solution which we’re all (no longer patiently) waiting for. Thank you!

Best Answer

Thank you @SunsetRunner for raising this on the the Feature Suggestion board

Everyone who visits this forum, or who is already on it, we just need your votes please.  This is clearly something we should have been told back in July 2018 when this was first raised.

Just click on the link below and when you get there give it a thumbs up.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Disable-quick-view-on-ace/idi-p/3325383

Best Answer

Thank you for all your comments @LandyGirl  and @Techtosterone, and for taking the time to share your thoughts on this. 

I just want to clarify that this is not bug, but the feedback regarding the lack of an option to turn off this feature has indeed been forwarded to the appropriate department. As mentioned earlier, since there is no option to disable the Quick view feature for the Fitbit Ace, the best thing would be to continue voting for the idea @LandyGirl shared here previously. 

This doesn't mean the feedback has not been shared with the team of developers, but voting for this idea would be of great help to track demand and so they can know how popular this feature is between Community forum users. 

Thank you again, and let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't track your child's sleep if they are constantly woken up by the quick view feature. Just saying...

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit Thank you for your non-canned response, but if you listen to what everyone is actually saying, and as @Huaping66 states above, we are unable to turn the quick view off therefore making the ACE unusable for monitoring sleep which is described as a usable feature of the FItBit ACE product in all marketing material.  THAT is the BUG we are referring to.

To better explain:

We can not use the ACE as marketed and sold by FitBit to monitor sleep.  

I don't know how else to clearly state what is obviously a fault in your product.  I had the FitBit Alta, and rather than take it off to monitor my sleep - because that wouldn't work would it, I used the facility in the FitBit App to TURN IT OFF.  

Please give us the courtesy of at least recognising this over-looked feature that is in a similar product and missed from the ACE.

Best Answer

Can we remove the SOLVED status from this thread please?  It is far from solved, we haven't been provided with any steps to disable quick view on the FitBit ACE as this is not currently possible.

If we can not remove the SOLVED status from this thread, can we at least change the SOLUTION to the below feature suggestion link about this thread?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Kid-Trackers-Family-Accounts/How-to-disable-quick-view-on-Ace/m-p/33...

Best Answer

Thank you for your replies @Huaping66 and @LandyGirl, I understand this is frustrating, and I'm aware this is a very important feature, and that could even be affecting the sleep tracking option. 

I wish I could provide you with more information about this, but, we haven't received other updates regarding the option to turn off Quick View on the Fitbit Ace. However, the information has been shared with the appropriate department so they can look into this. 

Thank you again for all your comments and understanding. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @DavideFitbit, but what about the SOLVED status & the link to the Feature Suggestions board to get our votes?  (You appear to have completely ignored the questions in my post above!) My thinking is if we didn’t know about this process others who stumble upon this thread also won’t know, they will see the current solution, won’t read any further & won’t realise that they do actually have some input. By linking the SOLUTION to the Feature Suggestion board (as per my ignored suggested in my post above) if this is all they read they will know they can vote for the change. What do you think? Good idea?

Best Answer

Hi

I just bought two Aces for my twin boys turning 10 and we are experiencing the same problem with the light turning on at night either waking up the bearer or another person in the room. 

It has been disappointing reading this thread and realizing it has not been addressed since it was reported last summer. 

I still have three weeks to return the product to the store if a fix is not provided. Any chance a solution can be provided before then?  I would prefer not to return your product. 

Best regards

Andreas

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LandyGirl @Nidnuma I'm sorry for the late response. However, I really appreciate your feedback and the inconveniences you've experienced with the Fitbit Ace quick view. This helps us to keep improving.

As per your request, I marked your post above as accepted so other users can be aware and vote for the Feature Suggestion.

Please don't hesitate to get back if you guys have any questions!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes