Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset my Fitbit Ace

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

if I change user and want to give a fitbit ace to another kid, we pair the device with a new email/account. So far so good. We could also delete the previous account. But when syncing, the second kid/user inherits the data stored on the device. In other works he gets the badges and prizes for free! This is relatively annoying.

How can I avoid this? How can I factory reset the device?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

If  you sync the device before added it to another account it will not happen

Check out the discussions boards! A lot going on and I'm sure you have some contributions as well!
Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi Wendy,

I did. As a matter of fact, the steps of today are added to both accounts.

I also see the device still reporting the number of steps of the day.

The first user received its badge of the day and when synced with the new user, then the same mail with the same badge was sent to him.

Is there a way to erase the memory of the exercises done from the device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@zarz Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on this and would like to know if the first child that used the Ace, was their account deleted before setting up the Ace to the new kid's account?

Regarding your question, the Ace can't be restarted to factory reset. However, you can perform a regular restart. Please follow the steps that are listed in this help article. After this, monitor the Ace and see if the issue gets fixed.

@WendyB Thank you so much for your help and contribution my friend!

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. How do I factory reset the ace for the other child? I don't want to delete either kid's account. They just swapped devices as one kid lost her ace and the other kid got an ace 2 for his birthday so the other kid is inheriting the ace. This shouldn't be so hard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes