Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 - inaccurate step counting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son received a fit bit ace 2 for his birthday today and we set it up this morning. All appeared to be fine but his steps went up to over 2000 then jumped to over 4000 and is now back down to over 3000. There is no way he has done this amount of steps in such a short period of time and how can he lose steps? Any ideas how we can sort this? Or what is wrong with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@CeejayG welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your son's Fitbit Ace 2 since it's tracking extra steps and then it showed less steps. Fitbit trackers and watches should not lose or count extra steps. Due to this, I'd like you to try some troubleshooting steps in order to fix this issue.

Please restart your son's Fitbit Ace 2 as described in this help article. This will refresh the tracker internally. After this, make sure that your child is wearing his tracker as advised in this help page. Finally, monitor his tracker for the next 48 hours and see if it doesn't track extra steps and doesn't lose steps either.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes