Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 'Create Family Account' option

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this has been posted about before, but I have tried all of those recommended steps and I still have no option to create a family account within my fitbit app. 

For reference, I use a Google Pixel Pro 6. I already have and use a fitbit account and was trying to add my daughter's fitbit Ace 3 she received today for Christmas. We went through the steps of creating a gmail account for her, but there is no option to create a family account from my 'Today' menu, profile picture (or anywhere else for that matter). 

What I have tried so far...

I have gone to every menu option in the app to see if somehow the 'Create Family Account' option was hiding elsewhere 😉 

I have logged out and logged back in. 

I have logged out, rebooted, logged back in. 

I have logged out, force stopped, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, logged back in. 

Nothing. 

And there isn't a work around on the desktop side. 

It's Christmas and I have a very disappointed little girl....and I'm having to tell her it may be DAYS before I even get close to a response that may lead to a solution. 

HOW do I add a child to a family account I can't create?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try to make the account for your child in the Family Link app, not using an older want, making a new one. Use default settings and try that new account on Fitbit. Hope that helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You’ve described exactly my situation. I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do. I reached a point where an “educational” account is asked, even tried the one from my kids school but seems to requiere an administrator role. 
It has no sense, I’m going to ask for a refund. 

----

I managed to get through it. In Family Link app you have to add a child, making a new account for them. Using default/express settings is fine. Then log in (with the new account you just created for your son/daughter) the fitbit app and get through all the process. 
Finally! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried that but since Google supervises my child's account through the Family Link app, Fitbit won't let me sign in with his Google account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in exactly the same boat Sarah and can't find a way around it. Brought the ace3 for my daughter for Christmas with the hope we could set up the fitbit app on her iPad. Tried creating a Google family and child account for her but fitbit won't allow a child Google account to sign in. Can't follow the instructions on the fitbit site either re adding the child to the family. So frustrating. What a rubbish product! 

Best Answer

Try to make the account for your child in the Family Link app, not using an older want, making a new one. Use default settings and try that new account on Fitbit. Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Sergio. I had tried that but it didn't work. We were able to get through by creating a new Fitbit account for my husband. Through his account, we were able to locate the Create Family Account option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.reddit.com/r/fitbit/comments/158k21w/exactly_how_to_set_up_fitbit_ace_3/

This is the only way I was able to do it. I needed to use a second device to link my child's google account to, and then use the fitbit app on that device to sign them in individually. Really frustrating, but I finally got the watch somewhat usable for them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes