Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dashboard for Ace; manually adding steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems that there is no way to access a child account (Ace) through the web dashboard. Is that correct? Are there any plans to change that?

Also, without web access, is there any way to manually add steps to a child account? On my account I can do this on the web dashboard, but not through the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Bgg1There is no web dashboard for a child's view in a Family Account.  There are no plans to change it.  The Family Account/Kid's View in the app is compliant with internet privacy laws to protect children.  The web dashboard is not.

There is no way to add steps to a child's account (that I know of).  Manually added steps do not count towards badges.  Better off not fretting about it than trying to figure out why you didn't get a badge.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
My daughter is not concerned about the badge, however, she ran around one
day counting her steps because she forgot her watch, and wants the number
to reflect that. For a kid, sometimes if you can't see it, it doesn't
count! I totally understand that mentality (works for adults, too), and I'm
hoping that in the future there will be a way to add steps from the app
(for us bigger kids as well).
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bgg1 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Regarding your inquiry, my friend @LZeeW is correct. Steps can't be manually logged since there is not a web-based Dashboard for a child's account.

I recommend submitting your idea in our Feature Suggestions board and people can vote for your request. The more votes your idea gets, the more chances it will have to be reviewed by our engineers and developers.

Let @LZeeW and me know if you have any doubts! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes