Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete child profile

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Set up child account for daughter before realising it’s just for Ace users (has Alta). How do I delete the profile? Looked everywhere & cannot find an option to remove this from account.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hanah81 Welcome to the Community. In your family account, under children swipe left on the child you want to delete, you should see 'Remove.' Removing a child from the family account also deletes the child’s Fitbit account and all related data.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

@Hanah81 Welcome to the Community. In your family account, under children swipe left on the child you want to delete, you should see 'Remove.' Removing a child from the family account also deletes the child’s Fitbit account and all related data.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Is there a way to immediately delete a child's account?

I swiped to remove the account and clicked on approving that action in the email that was sent to me. 

When I went back to my FitBit app, the child's account still shows up.  When I go to delete the account again, a window pops up on my phone stating "A delete request for this child's account has already been sent."

It appears that I'm stuck in the seven day grace period that is described in the email that was sent to me.  I accidentally created four accounts for the same child, thinking that the username I entered was already taken.    I was expecting a confirmation that the account was made, but didn't so I kept entering the information with different usernames.  Now I'm stuck with too many accounts and I can't get my phone to connect to the Fitbit Ace. 

thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@beastmaster4 I'm afraid it does take 7 days to permanently delete. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really frustrating. It was really confusing and i made a mistake and now I have to wait seven days to join my actual family account made correctly by my husband?! Why seven days?! 

Best Answer

The whole family account thing is under-tested, poorly executed, and currently not fit for purpose in my opinion.

I had a fitbit Ace for my son and it's been sent back due to the poor software.

Best Answer

Hello @buzzbuzzbee, I'm sorry to see this has caused any inconvenience. The process takes 7 days in case you change your mind and you'd still like to recover the child account. For changes to the way this feature works, you could also post an idea in the Feature Suggestion board. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback as well @tallbird, I'll be around if you have any questions. 

And thanks again for participating in the Community. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I join others in their frustration about the 7 day “Grace” period for deleting accounts (which is unmerited), I want to restore or recover the account I was trying to delete ... 

however, as I read that the option is to click on “switch to kid view” - and follow the prompt to recover - get the green box saying the switch is happening, then nothing else but a return to the unusable profile.  

What can can I do to restore the child’s account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @avandop, thanks for reporting this, and welcome to the Community forums. 

Just as you mentioned, the account should be recovered by switching to kid view in the Fitbit app and taping Recover. If you haven't done so already, please try to perform a quick restart of the app by looging out, restarting your phone and logging back in, then try to perform the same steps once more to restore the child account. 

Please keep me posted on the outcome, and thanks again for the feedback regarding the 7 day grace period. . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavideFitbit- so good news.  I had done what you suggested, restarting app, restarting phone ... hadn't worked before.  BUT now - it did! I was able to see the recovery request, and got the account recovered!

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome @avandop! Thanks for confirming the steps worked for you this time. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have done the same, my son has upgraded to a charge 2 and I’m trying to set up his ace to my daughters account but it’s not recognising the ace when going through setup. Do I need to wait a week then the ace will be able to sync to her iPad and account?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Clarawebb, it's good to see you visiting the forums for the first time. 

The 7 day period is only applicable when you're deleting a child's account. In this case you're just trying to set up the Ace device to your daughter's account, so you shouldn't need to wait. Just to confirm, have you created a family account, and you're managing your child's account as well? Does your daughter have a child account, or is it an adult account?

Also make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version, and try following the steps mentioned above ( try to perform a quick restart of the app by looging out, restarting your phone and logging back in, then try to perform the same steps once more to set up the Fitbit Ace). 

I hope this helps, keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I have set up her on child account in my family but the ace doesn’t seem to be picking up on her app. I thought it becausetge ace is still registered to my sons old account. Is there anyway to restart the ace xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @Clarawebb, the Fitbit Ace should be removed from your son's account automatically once you complete the set up process on your daughter's child account. However, if you're still having trouble to complete the set up process on your daughter's account, you can certainly try performing a restart, or following the steps here: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Also check if the device she's using is currently listed as compatible.

I hope this helps.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you pair an Alta HR to a family account in the same way you connect an Ace? One son has an Ace, so that is connected fine. My older son has an Alta HR which, I would also like to connect to the family account...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TrickyFOTS, thank you for your question, and welcome to the Community forums.

The family account is available for users across all devices (Alta HR as well), but Fitbit Ace is the only tracker available for child accounts. You can also create a child account without a tracker using MobileTrack

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to swipe left to delete my child's account, but it did not give me an option to delete. Very frustrating trying to set this up properly. My daughter has a Charge 2, not an Ace. Makes her child profile worthless. Need to delete and start over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not even getting an option to remove my child. I have been trying to delete my son’s name and family so I can start again, but it is not working at all. I am super frustrated by this as none of his data is syncing and he is listed seven times since it wasn’t showing up.  It literally does not give me the options presented in this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @jwm8238, and welcome to the forums @AmieConger

You should be able to delete a child your the family account by following these steps. Try tapping just for a couple of seconds on the child's name and you should be able to get this option: 

child account.png

Please keep us posted if you're still not able to get the "Remove" option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes