Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received the fitbit ace yesterday in the mail. I have had it on the charger via computer and electrical outlet and the face is still black. Did I get a lemon??? This was supposed to be a gift for my daughter on Sunday.

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hi, @MLEdwards, in most cases a computer will not deliver charge unless it is awake and active, so unless you were using the computer at the same time, it may not have been getting any charge.

A wall charger should work fine as long as it is UL/ CE certified.  The screen will be black while charging.  Once it has has a couple of hours on a wall charger, try taking it off the charger and giving it a firm tap on the face.  It should light up, and if so, you can follow the procedures to set it up.  If you have any issues setting up, please do post again.  There is always someone here to help.

If after two hours on a wall charger the screen is still blank, try the restart procedure.  This should wake it up and get it going.  

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.  

Happy birthday to your daughter on Sunday!  I hope she enjoys her new Ace.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@MLEdwards Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums, thanks for stopping in. 

@Julia_G's advice was great. Let us know how it goes. And just in case you need the basics of charging Ace this help article is great. We don't want your child to have a lemon! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, I have to return the fitbit. The screen continued to stay black after hours of charging and even trying to use the reset button on the charger did nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MLEdwards I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the process wasn't too arduous. Hope your child has a great birthday. Smiley Happy

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem. I purchased 2 Fitbit Aces for my kids. 1 worked just fine out of the box. The other one wouldn’t even turn on until 12 hours of charging. After 12 hours of charging, it would stay on just long enough to sync to my phone and dies during the update process. 

I contacted Customer Support but she was unable to assist me. I need to know the proper way to return the broken Fitbit ace and get it replaced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kimakaze77 Sorry to hear this. I do see an email case was initiated, but it looks like there hasn't been a response, due to a high volume of contacts. If you contact support through Chat they should be able to assist you immediately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Kate. I chatted with “Joyce” yesterday and she was unable to help me. She told me that I would receive an email. 

If you you know how I can return the defective Fitbit Ace and get replacement, that would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the charger is anything like the Alta/Alta HR charger (as I suspect it is, given the visual similarity of the trackers), you might also want to make sure that when you put the Ace on the charger that:

1.) The contacts on the back of the tracker are clean.  If they're not, then the charger won't be able to get a good, strong connection to the tracker.  They can easily be cleaned  by taking a toothpick and gently cleaning around the contacts.

2.) The pins on the charger are lined up with the contacts on the tracker.  Without this, the tracker won't be securely in the charger, and hence won't get a good charge.

If there is a button on the charging cable, you may want to restart the tracker.  Plug the tracker into a computer as if you were going to charge it.  Then press the button rapidly and repeatedly for 3-4 seconds, taking brief breaks between each repetition.  Once the Fitbit logo appears, you have successfully restarted the tracker.  You may want to try this 2-3 times to make sure that the restart actually takes.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I’m having a similar problem with my daughter’s Fitbit Ace.  It won’t charge.  The battery icon appears when I hook the Fitbit up to the charger, but it just doesn’t charge.

i think I need to return it.  It’s a shame, she’s only had it for 3 weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have ordered 2 Fitbit.  The one works great but the other one lost its charge in less then 6 hours and then would it recharge.  So I returned it and got a new one which is now dead also.  It is black and no response.  I will return that one today and get another one hopefully that one works.  This not a good sign.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kimakaze77 I see that support was able to assist you. Thanks for your patience. 

@timmy0424 sorry to hear this, I would recommend trying a restart if you haven't already. 

@jswinger that's disappointing! I appreciate the report, we haven't heard of widespread issues with charging, hoping that third time is the charm.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a fit bit ace and it is not charging on the charger , it is lined up and the pads are clean . I will return it - it appears this is an issue with this product is the charger fit for purpose or just adopted from another model. Disappointing as GARMAN have such a presence in childrens offerings this product is sub standard by the sounds 

Best Answer

Hello @RMT123, it's good to see you around in the forums for the first time. 

I'm sorry to see what happened with the Ace device that is not charging properly, I've also sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can provide further assistance with this; you should be getting a reply soon. 

Keep us posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my daughters Ace in the mail it was a late birthday gift, it is also completly dead. I am so sad and so is she because we love fitbit and they finaly had a small enough band for her. Sad it is such a problem like it seems. Tried restart four times no respons what so ever. It hasn't really come to Norwegian stores but good for me I bought it trough a Norwegian site so I can change it to give it another try, but it doesn't sound good from what I read. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@suncla Welcome to the Community forums, sorry it's under this circumstance, sounds like a frustrating experience. I do hope the new device works better. Keep in mind, Fitbit does have a 365-day warranty on every tracker so if something does go wrong down the line, you can always contact customer support for assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having a similar problem. Bought an Ace2 for my son last week. We got it set up and charged and he used it for two days. Then it stopped charging and was completely blank.  It never reached empty battery and not only would not charge but also would not power on. I exchanged it for a new one (same model) today and I’m having trouble charging it right out of the box. It does not show me a battery icon while charging or if tapped.  I only have a Thin Line of, I presume, Death on the screen. It seems that nothing is happening at all.  What should the screen show or do while it is charging?

Super bummed this birthday gift is a loser, two in a row. My eight-year-old has wanted one for so long!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jendino welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that the Ace 2 that was received as an exchange is not taking a charge nor turning on.

While charging, the tracker should show a battery icon.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, charge your son's Fitbit Ace 2 for 2-3 hours and see if it turns on.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

my experience was similar but then i realized my fitbit ace came with 40% charged and the setup requires 50% minimum or it fails. Also the initial charging requires longer it looks like... finally when i got it full charged, the setup worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nsindhav12, that's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes