Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace not finishing set up after adding 4 digit numbers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

set up one ace tracker ok on family account but 2nd ace won't set up pass 4 digit numbers have restarted computer and Bluetooth and ace tracker but still the same problem.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

@sorefingers Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that the second Ace that you want to add to your Family Account can't complete the setup process. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I want to follow up on this issue and would like to know if the issue persists or if the issue could be set up.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I would like to say that I am having the same issue. Downloaded Fitbit app onto my sons (Galaxy Tab A), went through the "setup family account". Tried to setup the Ace, it is connected and asks for the 4 numbers on the Ace. Enter the 4 numbers and then it just sits at connecting until Ace shuts off and tablet goes to a screen with 3 informational items for fixing the issue. I have tried turning blue tooth on and off on his tablet, I have reset the Ace numerous time (pressing the button on the cable 3 times), I have uninstalled Fitbit and nothing seems to work. Even tried to install it on my phone (Galaxy S9) and had the same issue.

Did you ever get this figured out? If so, what did you do? I am having the same issue.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drandsii Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup issues that you are experiencing with your son's Fitbit Ace.

Since you mentioned that your son has a Galaxy Tab A, I believe that this is the cause of the inconvenience since this tablet model is not in the supported devices list. You can go ahead and set it up on your own mobile device for the setup. The only difference is that your son will need to use your phone in order to sync his data since the Ace can only sync with the device that was set up with.

Let me know if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Jaun,

I already tried to setup the Ace on my Galaxy S9 phone and had the same problem that I had on his tablet. Tried all the same steps that I did on my sons tablet....reset Ace, several times, removed my fitbit, uninstalled Fitbit software, and still it doesn't connect. Did the person that started this thread get theirs to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue as everybody else it seems. Two Fitbit Aces, number one set up without error on one daughter's tablet. App and tracker working faultlessly. Number two, same model tablet and all I have had are constant problems. Have tried all methods as you all have, even tried connecting to my phone. To no avail! Enter 4 digits and then it just whirrs away! Nothing. Would love a workable solution

Best Answer

Me too! the four digits are input then it comes up with 'error 500' Ive tried all the things suggested. I have contacted Fitbit who have sent a couple of the same suggestions so I await their reply again. Im at the point of taking it back and getting a different make altogether. I bought this as many friends and family have the fitbit and she wanted to connect.. Please help!

Best Answer

Support haven't been any help. They only sent me numerous instructions on how to restart the tracker or install it. All available on their website and none addressing the issue. It seems to be an identified fault with the number of posts but no software updates or workable solutions offered. Will be returning my daughter's tracker today. She'll be gutted because we had no problems with her older sister's. Frustrating is not enough of a word.

Best Answer

Hi there and Happy New Year!

I’m having the same issue and am ready to return it as I am beyond frustrated! Can I assume there is still

no resolution for this?

Thanks!

Best Answer

I returned it to the retailer and received a new one that set up with no issues at all.

Best Answer

No resolution. Tried on six different devices in the end, including newest phones and tablets. Have sent back for exchange. Looks like the best way to go. Ended up spending over 20 hours in total trying to set up. My other daughter's took 10 minutes!

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. It says fbblutootherror 24

Best Answer

I am having the same issue on my iPhone. I have reset phone, checked for updates, and done everything listed and I still can’t get the tracker and app to get past the four digit code. Help!

Best Answer

I contacted support and they weren’t able to assist. They are aware that there is an issue with the ace and are working on it. I ended up returning to the store and getting a different model. I just had no more patience to fight with it. Good luck!

Best Answer

Juan,

Any update or resolution from Fitbit? This seems to be a widespread issue with this particular device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry about the setup difficulties you've experienced with your Ace trackers. Our team is still working on a fix to this issue and expect to have resolved soon. I totally understand how frustrating this is.

In the meantime, please try restarting the Ace trackers as described in this help article. After this, try the setup process as listed in this help page.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Best Answer

Hi there

Rang fitbit help centre after trying everything and they couldn't help with it so they gave me a case number to return it the shop was really good replaced it new one work's  fine we have 6 fitbits running in the house and this is the only one that done it thanks fitbit for your help and fast response 

Best Answer

@sorefingers I'm so glad to hear that you received a replacement unit and it's working properly. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have had these issues, had already sent back the pebble once, received a new charging cable and now cannot set up the device on any iPhone or iPad or Mac in my home as I keep getting error message 22 and 24.  We own no android devices.  This was a Christmas present that my daughter still has not been able to use and we are both beyond frustrated. At this point I would like to know when the fix is available and if not soon I want to return the fitbit for a new model.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ashdori Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup difficulties that you've experienced with the Fitbit Ace. If you haven't done so, please restart the new Ace as described in this help article. This will refresh the tracker internally. Once you've done this, try the setup process again as advised in this help page.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes