Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch between child and parent account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have set up a family account, but now I have my daughters view on my phone too and i can not find how to switch back to my view.  Any ideas?

Plus my youngest daughter does not have a phone, I was hoping to pair hers and mine with my phone, but I do not seem to be able to do this.  Again, has anyone done this?

thanks

Tracy

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi, @lewist100, to switch back to parent view when you are in kid's view, select the account icon (it's the one that looks like an ID card) and scroll to the bottom where you will see "Switch to parent view".  It will ask for your password and then log you out.  you will need to then log back in again to your account.  I understand that the team is working towards making the switch a little more streamlined.

You can set up your daughter's Ace to sync to your phone.  First add her to the Family Account, then switch to her view and add her Ace there.

Please do post again if anything is still unclear.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I don’t have this option- all I’ve got is a ‘Delete this Ace’. 

Best Answer

I have found on my Amazon Fire tablets the version of the Fitbit app that gets downloaded does not have the updated family functionality.

On my two cell phones I am able to switch to Kids View.  On the tablets where the app is downloaded through the Amazon store this option is not available.

I don't believe they have updated the Fitbit app that is on the Amazon store.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NelsonFam wrote:

I have found on my Amazon Fire tablets the version of the Fitbit app that gets downloaded does not have the updated family functionality.

On my two cell phones I am able to switch to Kids View.  On the tablets where the app is downloaded through the Amazon store this option is not available.

I don't believe they have updated the Fitbit app that is on the Amazon store.

The Amazon Fire does not use a regular Android O/S. Amazon has modified it and it does not use apps from the Google Play Store. Fitbit does not support the Fire for this reason. Whatever version of the Fitbit app that is in the Amazon store may be many versions behind the actual Android app.

Best Answer

Thanks Julia_G , I worked it out in the end.  I do find the switching a bit of an overkill.  Happy to put the password in once, but not + email and a 2nd password request.

Overall, I am very pleased with the set up and it is helping my kids and I be more active as we compete against each other 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, @lewist100, totally agree about the switch, amd so do a lot of people.  Fitbit is working on it.  Please follow this thread for updates and more info.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

OMG fitbit, this is ridiculous. It just keeps prompting me for my password. Asking for it even once on my own phone isn't necessary. Give us the option to NOT require password.  At least make this work.  I keep trying to switch back to parent view and it will not let me after entering my password.

Best Answer

@Clark_B wrote:

OMG fitbit, this is ridiculous. It just keeps prompting me for my password. Asking for it even once on my own phone isn't necessary. Give us the option to NOT require password.  At least make this work.  I keep trying to switch back to parent view and it will not let me after entering my password.

Hi @Clark_B, I'm just curious, is your app up to date?  That may be part of the issue.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Clark_B Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when you try to switch to your account. I would like to follow up on this and would like to know if your could fix the issue after updating the app to the latest version as advised my friend @DramaQueenDiva.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I had to reboot my phone to get it to work. Needing to provide
my password every time I want to switch back to parent view doesn't
increase security. It decreases it since I've changed my password to
something very easy to type. Very annoying. Give us the option to
disable that "feature."

Clark
Best Answer

@Clark_B Thank you for getting back! I totally understand your point. At this time, this option is not available. However, you can go ahead and submit your request in our Feature Suggestions board and people that agree with this option can vote for your suggestion. The more votes this request gets, the more chances it will have to be reviewed by our engineers and developers.

I appreciate your understanding with this and let me know if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem and my app was downloaded at the apple store and is up to date. 

I do not have the switch profile option

Best Answer

I am having issue as well switching back and forth - is there a separate sign on for the kids?  I set it up so long ago I can not remember.  Can't get back to child view.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is super frustrating. 

Yes I have updated fitbit app. 

Yes I have restarted my phone. 

No I can’t switch to parent view and no I can’t fix the time back to what it should be for my kids’s aces. So their count resets at “midnight” but not local time. 

This was all previously in place and working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jenknee78 @Jcox77 welcome to our Fitbit Community and thank you for getting back. By the way, I'm sorry for the late response.

I truly appreciate the time spent trying the workaround mentioned above. Our team is still working on this. I totally understand that this has been frustrating for you. However, we'll make sure to post an update in the forums when the fix is available. We appreciate your patience with this.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i was wondering how do you switch back to kid view

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the Account area.

Click on My Family.

Your kids name should be there and below that, there should be the option to

"SWITCH TO KID VIEW"

Best Answer

you go to her account tab and scroll down until you see go to parent view. should be red. click it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg. Thank you!

Best Answer