Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I don't have a fitbit myself so am not sure if this is a stupid question- my daughter loves her fitbit ace and we are trying to get the hang of it. She attends a running club- will the fitbit record how far she has run or just the number of steps/active minutes? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@Kate1984 no stupid questions, happy to have you join our Community and that your daughter loves her Ace. Ace calculates steps, active minutes and sleep, but does not calculate distance or calories burned. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any plans for the Fitbit ace to count distance? My son does several virtual races to get medals so it would be helpful if his Fitbit would count the distance he walks/runs 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kylesmama welcome to the Community and Ace forum. Currently, there are not plans to track distance, but I do encourage you to post the suggestion on our feature suggestion board where our team will view and gauge users interest in the feature. I'm certain there is a lot of interest in including distance tracking. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t realize it didn’t record distance. That was the point of getting it for my child, who is a runner. Will be returning it.

Best Answer

@FY18 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that the Fitbit Ace didn't fit your needs. I'm sorry also that you will return it and I appreciate your feedback.

Don't hesitate to get back if you change your mind and need further assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what is the point of Fitbit Ace? It's just an overpriced digital watch with a pedometer. 

I can only blame myself for not researching this probably but I hope to warn others that there are better options out there for kids to enjoy measuring and encouraging  fitness and healthg activities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Putnoe Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that the Ace doesn't fit your needs. I really appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a granny using an ace. My steps are shown as ‘k’. Which Intake it to mean kms. It is not showing steps. ? 

I bought the ace because I did not need many features but am finding it recoding my distance 40% more than actual. Help. I am happy it shows the distance ( not steps) butvwant it to be true distance. I tried reentering my stride distance but nothing seems to have changed. I am only 157 cms tall which is about the height of a 12 yr old 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, the K means thousands, as in 10k is 10000 steps, not 10km. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I did work that out with the help of my 10 yr old grandson. I also worked out how to work out my km!! And the app does it anyway!! My calculation was correct so I feel like m6 brain is over its post Christmas lethargy😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that you and your grandson managed to get this issue resolved. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@Kate1984 Thank you so much for your contribution and help!

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @sunsetrunner! I'm an adult runner trying to use an ace to measure distance. Could you please tell me how you managed to do it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@R_runner Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm afraid to tell you that the Fitbit Ace doesn't track distance. I'd like to share this page which contains the Ace specs.

Let us know if more questions arise and I'll be happy to assist you! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes