Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR display not responding to taps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm glad FitBit has come up with a waterproof button.  But when I tap the screen, it does not come up.  If I keep tapping it over and over, after 3-8 taps it does come up.  

I've tried a variety of soft and hard taps, pressure doesn't make a difference.  

Here's the weird thing.  Once the display comes up, most taps (about half) register and do flip the screen to the next content.   So it's not the switch. 

Is my particular unit defective? Or is this a common trait of Alta HRs? 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity, format

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I am having the same problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Alta HR is not waterproof. it is water resistant, but not waterproof. The Flex 2, Versa, and Ionic are waterproof.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have never gotten it wet. I just got it yesterday and the screen tapping is unreliable!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had trouble when I first got my Alta HR. It is a matter of learning where to tap. The most obvious spot to aim at is right in the middle of the screen, but the tap actually works best right at the bottom of the screen, where it joins the band or even on the bands its self, right next to the tracker face. I set a series of alarms so I could practice and find the spot that worked best and thats what I came up with. So play around withnit a bit and see what works best for yours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My unit is less than 2 weeks old.  By "waterproof" I mean more water-resistant than just a button coming out of the side.  I like the concept.  I will try specific places around the glass. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys @Harper44 @tmbirdie @SeleneD @NellyG, good to see you in the Forums! 🙂

@Harper44 @tmbirdie, I'm sorry you're having problems with the display not responding to taps.

As @NellyG says, sometimes it's matter of finding the right way to tap it to get used to it. What sounds weird is that it won't react to taps and once it does, it reacts to all previous taps.

Have you tried by any chance to give your tracker a restart? If not, you can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Hope this helps and if you need anything else, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

it's still not working and i am beginning to get really annoyed with it what else could i try ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is no button on the charging cable.  you suggested pressing it three times in four seconds to reboot the fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

The button is on the piece of the charger that you plug into the USB port on the computer. It is not raised and is difficult to see. I missed it the first time I rebooted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FB is not new. I just started having this problem (and have not gotten it wet). Tried the reboot. It buzzed after each press and I tapped all over but still no response. It does show when it is charging.

Best Answer