Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR stopped tracking my sleep data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Altra HR off for more than a year . Sleep tracker not working ??

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @Zhd. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Alta HR. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped tracking sleep last Monday.  Up until then,  I had no issues. It even tracked naps.

Best Answer

This has now happened with my device. Although it was not off for over a year as op stated. It logs sleep data but no sleep score or, it logs sleep data and no heart rate, both result in either no sleep score or no sleep data. This has been occurring for two weeks straight. App is up to date, device is charged. States “not enough quality sleep data” or  “couldn’t get a good heart rest resign while you slept”. This isn’t just a random day and it’s back to normal. This is a every day for two weeks has either of the above listed as a reason it isn’t doing it’s job. Someone help 😭

Best Answer
Resetting my Fitbit corrected the issue. There is a button on the charger which when held down for 3 to 5 seconds causes a reset. I put my Fitbit on the charger and held the button down. Can't hurt to try it. Good luck!!
Best Answer

CarolMA,

Do you mean a factory reset or a restart of the Alta HR.  I've restarted mine many times with no change.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes