Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR stopped tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta HR has not registered any sleep data at all for four days. Nothing about my sleep patterns has changed. I get more than 3 hours, etc. It doesn't even give basic details. Just tells my I should wear my Fitbit to bed. Obviously I have been doing so. I have tried a reset twice to no avail. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Spfit.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your Fitbit Alta HR stopped tracking your sleep. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend doing the following:

1. Confirm the steps to restart your device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand if you haven't been doing it already.
  3. Confirm that the tracker is snug on your wrist.
  4. Be sure to keep your app up-to-date. In order to update your app you can follow the steps provided here.

You can find more information about tracking sleep here

By the way, I've moved your post to Alta HR board so we can keep our forums organized.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of this multiple times and it still won't give me a sleep score or breakdown of my sleep patterns in 13 days. Worked great right up until this stopped. I reset it twice, changed bands, tighten band at night, wore it on other are. I know I slept great but no scores. It is the mail reason I use the fitbit besides steps. This is very disappointing. I might switch to Apple Watch in the future instead of an new FitBit.

Best Answer

Mine has shown the same problem since the date of your first post. I suspect it’s since an update. iOS or fitbit. I’m going to try deleting pp and reinstalling it. It’s worked before....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted app and reinstalled and I got a sleep score and stages this morning. It’s worked again!

Best Answer