Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR will not sync - tracker not found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Several days ago I contacted support because my tracker would not sync. They walked me through steps of turning things on and off and uninstalling and reinstalling, and it worked for one fleeting sync and now will not sync again. Many others seem to be having a similar problem, and I see someone said they are working on a fix to the new release of the OS - does anyone know if this has been done? Thanks

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

same hear 10 days ago my wifes alta hr  wont sync!!!!re installed software,tracker,restarted tracker, tried everything!!!!!!!

Best Answer

My Alta HR won't sync. Tried force stop and restart to no avail. Then did an uninstall & reinstall. Again still can't find tracker. What else can I do or who do I contact to resolve this issue?

Best Answer

My Alta HR will not sync either. I have done everything they told me to, and it will not sync. Sorry I bought this.

Best Answer

If you download the earlier version of the Fitbit app version 2.63 apk and install it . Your tracker will update ( don't forget to uninstall the old version first)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does that mean you'll lose all your previous step info? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got an Alta HR for Christmas and have been able to synch it once on 12/29. Have worn it every day since and have not gotten it to synch again. Tried all the recommendations, uninstalling, log out-log in and nothing. Dashboard on Windows laptop (no mobile) shows activities for awhile then drops everything and can not perform a manual synch. About ready to return it after spending all day trying to get it to work again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having sync issues. Downloaded latest app update but no joy. Don't really want to lose all my data, but could someone please tell me how  I reset everything? (as a last resort!) thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having these problems, and my Alta is brand spanking new
It isn't tracking workouts, and now it won't sync!

Best Answer

I just contacted support and they got it working for me. Here are the steps for my iPhone 6s. May work for other devices, may not, but worth a try
1. Ensure your IOS is up to date
2. Under settings > Bluetooth, click icon to right Alta hr device and forget device. If no, icon then go to 2.
3. Turn off Bluetooth
4. Plug your Fitbit into the adapter. Press the button on the adapter end 3 times quickly in 4 seconds. You should see the version # flash on the screen.
5. Power your phone off and back on.
6. Make sure other devices have Bluetooth turned off or min 15’ away (laptops, speakers, phones etc)
7. Turn Bluetooth back on (if you don’t see the Fitbit as a listed device, don’t worry, it will pair later)
8. Open Fitbit app on phone. Tap icon at top and sync now.
Good luck, hope it works for you. If not use online chat with an agent.
P.s. in my after chat survey I suggested they update their online help and also have an experienced agent in the community looking to see where he/she can help.

Best Answer
Thanks so much for your reply. I've tried this many, many, many times! grrr Occasionally works but then doesn't sync again.

Rang Fitbit earlier in the week and they got me to reinstall the device. (by the way you don't lose unsaved data). But that has only worked the one time and now I'm back to square one. So will have to get back to them. Getting a bit annoyed and frustrated with all this.
Best Answer

wrote:

I just contacted support and they got it working for me. Here are the steps for my iPhone 6s. May work for other devices, may not, but worth a try
1. Ensure your IOS is up to date
2. Under settings > Bluetooth, click icon to right Alta hr device and forget device. If no, icon then go to 2.
3. Turn off Bluetooth
4. Plug your Fitbit into the adapter. Press the button on the adapter end 3 times quickly in 4 seconds. You should see the version # flash on the screen.
5. Power your phone off and back on.
6. Make sure other devices have Bluetooth turned off or min 15’ away (laptops, speakers, phones etc)
7. Turn Bluetooth back on (if you don’t see the Fitbit as a listed device, don’t worry, it will pair later)
8. Open Fitbit app on phone. Tap icon at top and sync now.
Good luck, hope it works for you. If not use online chat with an agent.
P.s. in my after chat survey I suggested they update their online help and also have an experienced agent in the community looking to see where he/she can help.

Thank you for the info, I don't have an iPhone but it gave me a good idea what to do, and your end of chat suggestion was a good idea, as there's obviously more people having an issue!

After clearing cache etc and generally fiddling with my phone/tracker, it has managed to sync steps etc, but only has basic sleep data. At least it's something, just hope the problem doesn't continue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This helped me too BUT only for a day! I have to do these steps every single day. What a pain!

Best Answer

What about for Android? I don't have an iPhone

Best Answer

Thank you I have just read and followed your steps to resync my Alta HR...and it is back on...cheers 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here my alta device is not found. Tried reset, tried bluetooth on and off, tried to sync on another computer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine synched late Feb. 25 and now it won't recognize the tracker. Tried all the usual fixes. No luck.

Best Answer

I have an android and tried all of these steps but it doesn’t solve the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes