Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Hr not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Took off my Alta HR at the pool today to put in my pool bag. When I went to put it back on after swimming the silver underneath scorched my arm. Guess the sun had been shining on it a good while. After it cooled and I put it back on, it's not working. Tried charging it. It did take a charge but when I move my arm or tap the screen I get nothing. I looked up how to reset and everything I've found shows a charging cable with a reset button on the USB end. Neither of the charging cables I have have that reset button. IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO RESET? IF NOT, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @eileengphelps  only the authentic Fitbit charger had the restart button on it. Some third party chargers might have it, but it's not guaranteed. Without that restart button, there is nothing you can do. The restart button is necessary for glitches. Any chance a local store still sells them? With the Alta HR being retired, Fitbit no longer makes those specific charger units.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I purchased the authentic Fitbit charger with the restart button. I plugged it in, hit it 3 times. Took a couple tries but it did show the time and I wore it on my walk this morning and it recorded. Just now I looked for the time and once again it's dead. I've plugged it to charge and repeated the process 3 or 4 times. I can feel/see it's charging. I even saw a "full" battery graphic --- but still no time.

It flashes the fitbit logo, then v followed by a several digit number. Once it did show the time and subsequent screens but when I unplugged it and put it on my arm it wouldn't display. I'm even wondering if it was displaying at all this morning. Could it be "working" and the display not work? What should I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you restart @eileengphelps  it will display the Fitbit logo, followed by your firmware version number, which is exactly what happened to you. You see anything on your app that shows it was recording your activity? Sometimes the Alta HR screen gets dimmer over time. Mine did. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @eileengphelps when i had same issue i called the "Help" number on the fitbit.com website. Great help here. The technician figured out that the problem was with my app. I uninstalled the app. Went to the app store and started over with a new fitbit app (just type fitbit in the search box). I installed the new fitbit app. Then synced my device, and the time and date came up correctly then. Apparently, my app was defective or not up to date (I had been having syncing problems with it for some time.) The technician explained that the Fitbit picks up the time and date from the phone or ipad that it has been synced with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes