Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta battery shut down

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta shuts down when battery level drops below half can I reboot 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Jackarmy , what is likely happening is that, as an older device, the battery life is now significantly degraded on your Alta device, and once it dips below 50% the charge deteriorates very fast and drops precipitously.  I am afraid there is no real solution to this - as I am sure you know, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life - except to keep charging it little and often so that it does not drop below 50%.  Many people find it works well to put their Fitbits on to charge every day while they are, for example, showering and getting ready for the day.  I would recommend charging it to 100% and then give it 15 minutes or so charge each day whenever you won’t be sacrificing too many steps.  If a morning charge while showering doesn’t work for you, how about sometime in the evening when you are relaxing reading or watching the television.

That should keep you going for a while longer, unless your Fitbit battery is coming to the very end of its life.

If you would like to reboot your device - which also can sometimes help - please follow the instructions here .

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your advice but it's now died a death also cannot find the app anymore

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes