Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta turns black unless plugged - no fixed solution

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read many posts here having the same problems that the Alta does not work after turning off the power charge. Customer servicer advised to restart by clicking 3 times of the buttons blablabla...and this solution failed too. Yeah, I tried many many times! waste. 

But, what surprised me most is such big company, instead of finding the way to solve the problem, only suggests its customer buying new device. Yes, I will buy one but NOT Fitbit, again.

Thanks. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi. I have not used Alta for a lobg while so it naturally it run out of battery. I have therefore charge it and reset it (several times) but the screen is still black and will not lit unless plagged in. Is not syncronising either. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  Mine is brand new.  just took it out of the box (Old one I had for 4 yrs had it replaced under warranty once so needed to buy this one)  i removed the old Alta and set this one up.  It if fully charged and when on the charge will sync with my phone but the minute i take it off it goes blank.  nothing shows up  and when I go to sync with my phone it states no device found.  This is very frustrating.  I've removed the device and tried to set it up again but not working.

Best Answer

Yep, I've had my Alta for years. All of a sudden it is blank when it is on my wrist.  I keep trying to re-add it. It finds the device, tells me that I'm all set, but nothing.  They must've done something with an update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with customer service (Fitbit) and they couldn't get it to work either.  Since this one is brand new they are sending me a replacement but its taking up to 10 days to get.  😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

DAW56, good for you. What's the number please? Mine is 4 years old but will give it a try. Thank you  

Best Answer
0 Votes