Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I found my alta on the drawer, it hasn't been in use for more than a year. I charged it with the original cable and restarted couple of times but there are two issues;

1. It won't connect over bluetooth, won't sync

2. It's light is very reduced, hard to see it's display. 

None of the recommendations work. I found another cable and tried everything but situation didn't change. Functions (clock, steps, etc.) looks working but I have to fix its display and sync issues.

Does anybody have the same issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @hakanilter and welcome to the forums. You ask - Does anybody have the same issue? But I’m guessing you are really looking for a possible solution. 

There are several things you can try.

• You do not say which phone you are trying to sync to. Which is it? Is it on the list of supported devices and has it been upgraded to the most current OS or iOS version? You can check here
  • You can try resetting your Alta. Tap here for instructions. 
  • Finally, you can find other trouble shooting tips here

Please let us know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I managed to sync the device with the phone but still couldn't find how to adjust brightness.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you got it working, @hakanilter! Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust brightness on the Alta. But I’m happy to say it is a feature that has been added to many of the newer devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The display is only visible within 2 cm with the current brightness level. Any reason why brightness is reduced? There must be a way to fix it! It's pretty useless at the moment. 

To be honest, based on my current experience I won't buy any other fitbit products ever again.

Best Answer
0 Votes