Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Inspire screen has stopped working and have fully charged a few times. It comes back briefly after full charge bur then stops again. Purchased April 2019 so no side bar for shut down. Don't know what to do......

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @JennyM1979. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Fitbit device. 

To better assist you, would you mind confirming if you have a Fitbit Inspire, Inspire HR or Alta? 

Meanwhile, make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, its an Alta..... not sure how to restart it....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JennyM1979 Thanks for confirming which Fitbit device you own. 

In order to restart your Fitbit device, please: 

1. Plug the charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

See you around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice but the cable has no buttons to turn off..... it might be an alta HR watch there's no button to turn on / off on watch or cable it was always via the screen to turn it on?

Thanks

Jenny 

Best Answer

@JennyM1979 there's a reset button on the charging cable. 

Screenshot_20220612-132538_Chrome.jpg

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes