Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta wont sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just started using my Alta again. Been unused for 3 months. Cannot get it to sync. Have looked at manual and followed instructions to restart but I have no button on my charger to press 3 times. Can anyone advise another way to restart my device. Wont synch on Android app or Windows 10 laptop. Have unistalled and re installed app too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @goldengoose  unfortunately you need the authentic Fitbit charger to restart your Alta. Some third party sellers have been putting charging units on the market that don't have that little button, so people can't restart their devices. There is no other way to restart your Alta. You can buy from the Fitbit Store online or you can check with local retailers (Best Buy, Walmart, etc) to see if they have the charger you need. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @goldengoose  unfortunately you need the authentic Fitbit charger to restart your Alta. Some third party sellers have been putting charging units on the market that don't have that little button, so people can't restart their devices. There is no other way to restart your Alta. You can buy from the Fitbit Store online or you can check with local retailers (Best Buy, Walmart, etc) to see if they have the charger you need. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much. Yes, I stood on my charger and bought one off Amazon. I am based in UK but will look for authentic charger. Sx

Best Answer

My fitbit synced for the last time on December 20th.  Checked the manual, went online and followed all instructions to get it up and running with no luck.  Finally contacted customer support last week and after about an hour on the phone with them, was told that my phone was no longer supported by the fitbit app.  Not only am I totally disgusted with fitbit, that they would do this, but also, that no one notified me that this was going to happen.  I have a Samsung S5 which operates perfectly in every way, so I see no need to get a new phone.  As I told the fitbit agent, my choices are to either get a new phone or quit using my fitbit.  You can be certain that the fitbit will be the one to go.  My fitbit is now just a piece of junk.  I hope others see this and realize that the same can happen to them when fitbit decides to quit supporting their phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine won't sync with the original charger🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would it sync with a new or different charger?  Customer service agent just told me that my phone (nothing to do with the charger) is just no longer supported by the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @EllieO  your charger doesn't sync. Getting another charger unit won't help if you can't sync. The charger is just for charging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize that a new charger will not help.  Which is what makes me especially angry that Fitbit just randomly decided to no longer support my phone.  As I said in my previous comment, the Fitbit watch is now just a piece of junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EllieO  my Samsung S4 still works, not all the features, but enough to be able to use it. My S4 is not on the list of compatible devices click to see

Best Answer
0 Votes
As I said before, mine was syncing just fine until December 20. I hope
yours continues to work, but since you also have a phone that is no longer
supported by Fitbit, it may suddenly quit syncing as well. Hope it
continues to work for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This post from Moderator @SilviaFitbit explains it quite nicely - click to read

Best Answer