Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life not lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I didn't just recently get a Fitbit Alta, so any answers about how Fitbit might replace my Alta free of charge doesn't apply to my case. I've had my Alta since Christmas of 2016, and it never did this until I didn't wear it for a long time (about 5-7 months, for clarification). I found it looking through my drawer and put it on the charger. Nothing displayed on the screen. I figured this was just normal, so I looked through the help articles to see. This was indeed normal if not used for a while. I took it off the charger about 3 hours later, with the battery showing fully charged. I restarted it. It showed 75% power. I've tried restarting it a lot, and I cleaned both the charger pins and the charging area on the Alta itself. Considering that this has been happening for over a week, I'm beginning to think it's a software issue or an issue with the hardware itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Forgot to mention, the device I'm syncing to is an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 13.3.2, and the Fitbit app running 3.12.1 (915).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SkullBurner, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back. Sorry for the delayed reply.

I appreciate all the details that were shared in your post and for trying some troubleshooting steps prior to posting, certainly, your Alta device isn't working the way it was designed. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you with further assistance regarding the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes