Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life not lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've worn my Alta every day for 3 years and it's suddenly stopped holding it's charge, it lasts about a day now.  I wonder if the battery has come to the end of it's life?  I don't sync every day as I don't have a mobile phone so have to sync on a lap top, maybe this is the reason for it failing to hold charge.  Would appreciate some information please.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Whatkatiedid, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Let me share with you that the battery of our Alta was designed to last 5 days, but this also depends on how frequently you use all the features of your device. That said, I recommend you charging your Fitbit device with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much.

After following the above information, please check this help article for more tips and recommendations. This article includes as restart process that will refresh the device's performance.

Keep me posted, I’ll be right here if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply!  I charged my Alta yesterday and it died after about an hour!!!! I think it's had its day and can no longer trust it to count steps as it's been losing step counts as well.  So goodbye 😢 trusty Fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with a Alta which is about ~2 years old.

It has the latest firmware "21.21.40.2".. even though fitbit website states "21.40.2" ...just to add confusion!!

I notice the following pattern:

- I charged the Alta for 72 hrs (cus gave up wearing it and just left it on charge), but have also see then with 8,12,24 hrs of charging

- battery level indicates full charge in Alta display and in surge app

- wear the fitbit for ~ 1hr, it works fine, as expected.

- then  put it on desk/not moving for 10-15 mins (I jumped in shower).

- bang! it is dead and will not respond to "taps"

- re-plug into charger, come back to life

- but same pattern repeats, not reliable to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up on my Alta in the end and got a new tracker, I'm now using the Inspire HR.  As the reply I got from fitbit was a standard reply it didn't really help so I had to replace it.  I like the one I have now but don't expect to wear it for longer than a couple of years.  

Best Answer
0 Votes