Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 250 Steps per hour

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to change the 250 steps per hour? I would like it to be 500.

Also, a reminder ever 30 minutes to move. I set the hours to my work schedule b/c I sit at a desk most of the day - but can get up and move whenever I want.

Side note - I LOVE the sleep tracker - I think it's the most accurate application it has. I certainly don't walk in my sleep but each morning before getting up I have 'walked' about 100 steps. Ugh.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

No, unfortunately you cant  hange the 250 steps. Nor can you get a reminder to move every half hour. You could set alarms, but you only have 8 alarms you can set per day but maybe you could set them when you most need the reminder.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi @mikiz and welcome to the Community!

As @NellyG pointed out, there is no way to change your hourly step goal.

In regards to the time change for the reminders, this is directly from the Fitbit help site:

"At this time, you can only receive your reminder at 10 minutes to the hour." (http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1986?q=change+hourly+step+goal&l=en_US&fs=Search&...)

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I would also like to change my number of steps.

Best Answer

THIS. The core "set goal + track progress" is the fundamental function of every other feature. I REALLY value the steps per hour goals/reminder and would absolutely set it to 400+. I bet total steps by FitBit wearers would go up 10% the first week the they add this feature — increasing the effectives and VALUE of the product overall.

PLEASE DO THIS FITBIT!

Best Answer

I'm still waiting...

Best Answer