Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensation in Fitbit Alta HR Sensor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed my Fitbit Alta HR going haywire while I was getting ready for bed. The screen was just flipping through my different stats. It had been fine all day and had just come off the charger. I took it off and noticed that the sensor seems to have moisture in it. I’m not sure how this would have happened as I haven’t gotten it wet in the past several days. It is now currently frozen on the battery screen. I just bought the Fitbit in October. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I realized this morning my Fitbit was not responding. I placed it in its charging cable did some things around my apartment and showered. Looked at the Fitbit and it was fully charged. I went for a 5 mile hike with my brother and my dog and when we got back to the car I grabbed my iPhone watched it sync and I went through the display. When I got home, I went to look at my Fitbit, but it was completely unresponsive. I knew the battery couldn't be the issue. I tried plugging it in and when I did, no vibration when contact clicked. I flipped it over and noticed some condensation in both circular sensors as well as the central square sensor. I've tried resetting it, but to no avail. It doesn't seem to acknowledge it's seated in the charging cable. I guess next is a bag of rice to see if it'll pull the condensation from it and work afterward?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get anywhere with this as I have the exact same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cailleck, 

In short, no.

I took off the band and put the device in some rice in a Ziploc bag overnight. That got me a response, but the truth is it didn’t last long at all. Apparently, the reality is the Li-Ion battery life was finished. I had the device for a year and a half (approx). There are ways to maximize your battery life like any Li-Ion battery. I know I did not do that with my device myself. The process is something Fitbit and other companies don’t tell you, so Google that in the future if/when you use Li-Ion or similar batteries.

Good news is I contacted Fitbit after speaking with them they gave me a nice discount toward a new purchase. 

Best of luck.

Best Answer