Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued frustrations with the Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A couple of years ago, I purchased the Alta "rose gold" version.

This is after I had had two charges. I hated the size of the charge, and finally broke down and got an alta.

It lasted MAYBE two years before completely dying. 

No hope. 

My daughter gave me her alta that she was not using any more.

Now, I am having intermittent issues with this one. Some days it works perfectly, other days it just shuts down. when I plug it in to charge it, it shows at least 1/2 battery full. So it's not the battery. I reset it by pushing the button on the charger the necessary amount of times, and it comes back to life. The time is always off, so then I need to go to my laptop and sync it. The problem is that I NEVER know when it is going to happen. So many times lately, I am left with a non working watch/tracker.

I have purchased at least 20 bands to go with my Alta, and I like the size of it... why are you not selling it anymore, and is there a tracker that will work with my current bands that I have purchased?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

will the Alta bands fit the Inspire?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LQLink  the bands are not interchangeable and there is no Fitbit that will work with the Alta band. The Inspire is a bit larger, so the band is wider than the Alta. These devices don't last forever and if your daughter's Alta was left with a dead battery for a long time, it might not revive. Try doing a restart of the Alta (while it's on the charger) and do it several times and sync several times, too. The Inspire series was introduced a few years back when the Alta series was retired. Fitbit is always looking towards the future and adding new features. The Inspire can be used with an optional clip, making it more versatile and more like the retired Zip model. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why doesn't fitbit make a model with a battery that a normal person can change? This is more like extortion if you ask me... My daughter's fitbit is working, but is experiencing the same black-out problems that my past fitbit had. I have had Citizen watches and Seiko watches that have lasted YEARS, and when they stop, I buy a new battery. I don't have to buy a whole new watch. 
Fitbit needs to get with the times and start to realize that not everyone wants to be part of a throw-away society. Making a tracker that could have a replaceable battery should be a goal you strive toward.

I believe I will start spending my consumer dollars elsewhere

Best Answer

@LQLink  I can't answer your questions. These are the community forums, where members like you and I come to post and share. With so many people having smartphones or other devices that are charged, having a fitness tracker being charged isn't unreasonable. I charge mine while showering. Your Citizen and Seiko watches told the time, but nothing more. Everyone chooses what they want to wear. Hope you find something that suits you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to my Alta. I think Fitbit is shutting them down. Mine was fine until the last update of 6/30/20.

Best Answer
0 Votes