Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not receiving text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not receiving texts and have tried all troubleshooting tips 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Charct, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and troubleshooting your Alta prior to posting. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? Also, when was the first time you experienced this? Are you receiving phone call notifications? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Alta are correctly configured.

After verifying the above, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Fitbit Alta and Android phone. It used to work, now it doesn't. I don't get a notification for calls or texts on my Alta - I need them! It was the main reason for getting a Fitbit, although I use it for fitness now too. I have today phoned customer support and worked through all the troubleshooting with an advocate, but to no avail. I had followed all the troubleshooting suggestions in the community forums anyway. I have a message on my Fitbit app which says "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re- enable notifications on your tracker." Apparently it is a known issue and the tech people are trying to sort it out. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: Call notifications are working. SMS text messages are not. I tried Whatsapp messages too but they are not working either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just started having this issue also. Was a solution found > Thank you

I can get call notifications but no text

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found a way around this. I downloaded this app, followed the set up instructions and it works! I would prefer not to have a separate app but Fitbit support were unable to give an indication of how long it would be to sort it themselves. Notifications are crucial for me because in my workplace I must have my phone on silent, but as carer for my mum, I must be contactable.

Best Answer

Hello! Welcome aboard @Liane_S and @frogger8988, it's a pleasure to provide assistance. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for all the details that were shared on each of your posts. To move forward with this, can you both let me know which mobile devices are you using? When was the first time this issue was experienced? If you haven't already done so, please try the steps from my previous post and let me know how it goes.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for checking in.. I am no longer receiving any notifications on my fitbit. I have the samsungs10

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your prompt reply is appreciated @frogger8988.

To further investigate this issue, can you please let me know if you experienced this after updating your Samsung Galaxy S10 to Android 10? Or is your device still running Android 9? If possible, please send me a screenshot of the notifications settings from the Messages app so I can verify that all the settings are correctly configured. Please refer to this post to attach an image into your post.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using a OnePlus5. I'm fairly tech savvy so have tried to fix this, even by using an add on app. It's pretty rubbish really that Fitbit know about this situation and haven't managed to fix it. My Fitbit is pretty much redundant without notifications working. The product does not do what Fitbit say it does. So I am now looking for an alternative product by a different manufacturer.

Best Answer

Another update ... Call notifications not working after all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The add on app doesn't work either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reminders to move and calls will vibrate on my Alta but not texts. I have an iPhone 8 with iOS 13.3

Tried all the troubleshooting tips found on your website. No success.

Best Answer
0 Votes