Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sleep tracker stopped tracking sleep after ios 13 update 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Dianerxpr, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. To better assist you with your sleep tracking concern, can you please let me know if your device isn't tracking Sleep Stages or sleep information at all? When was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? for more information about sleep tracking. Also, please restart your Alta HR to refresh its performance. 

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Hi @Dianerxpr, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. To better assist you with your sleep tracking concern, can you please let me know if your device isn't tracking Sleep Stages or sleep information at all? When was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? for more information about sleep tracking. Also, please restart your Alta HR to refresh its performance. 

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for responding so quickly. I am not receiving any sleep information at all since October 23 when I upgraded my iPhone XR to 13.1.3.  The Fitbit is about one years old and  there have been no problems till the update. I will try to reset it and will let you know the outcome. Thanks!

Diane

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo,

As you suggested, I reset my Alta HR and it’s tracking my sleep again. Thank you

Diane

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply and update @Dianerxpr, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

I appreciate your latest update, it's really nice to know that after a restart process your device is working as the way it was designed. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here.

See you around, it was a pleasure to help you! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alta hr became erratic at recording sleep mid-September (14th) and since 18th has only given simplified data. A reset made no change - I deregistered it and reregistered it as new as suggested but it made no difference. Fitbit is 2 years old and still charges up fully. Other functions seem fine. I really need a fix for this, fitbit people.

Best Answer

I have reset my Alta Hr . It still does not track sleep stages😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have given up on my Alta HR and bought an Inspire HR which recorded sleep immediately and continues to do so. Come on, Fitbit - this issue of the declining battery causing users to have to purchase a new fitbit is gross: surely you can apply your techie (if not your financial) minds to this.  If it happens again, I change to a different manufacturer.

Best Answer
I like the size of the alta😢

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Yes - this is neater and online it os much cheaper (I'm Scottish - thinking ahead in case the battery gives up again!).  It works; I'm fine with it.  Annoyed about the Alta HR, though!  Good luck!

Best Answer

My Alta Hr has quit recording my sleep at all 2 or 3 days a week.  The other days it works fine.  Nothing is different on those days.  This has been since the latest iOS update.  I have done resets on all devices with no help.

Best Answer
I finally told my phone to forget the fit bit and then added it back . It has been working fine!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So you deleted the app and reinstalled it?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm really delighted to hear that!  Sadly, it didn't work for me although I have religiously tried all the fixes suggested (including deleting then installing again).

The wee Inspire HR is trogging along fine..  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I finally started resetting it each night before I went to sleep and that seemed to work but last night it didn't track at all even though I did the reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting so fed up with Fitbit not doing what it is supposed to. Every other day I'm having to forget the device on Bluetooth, reinstall and restart just to receive notifications. And now it's not tracking sleep at all, I'm not getting any data through. Come on Fitbit, my device is only a year old, and the amount of problems I've had over that time is just not good enough.

Best Answer
I agree, this is very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

not tracking at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep tracker is gone totally from my device.  Does not show on my screen to even get refreshed.  How do I get it back?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset mine. It works great except it always shorts me about a 1/4 of a mile

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes