Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device only working when plugged into charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The problem is noted by others, but the solution was that someone will contact them. When I unplug my Alta, it will not work. It shows that it is fully charged, but only when connected to my computer. I've tried the different troubleshooting steps, but it still isn't working. Is there a solution to fix this problem?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Mulvka64, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for your post and troubleshooting your Alta prior to posting. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to restart your Fitbit following the next steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know if the issues persists and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes