Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device working only when plugged into charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my fitbit a few years now and it stopped working about a year ago.

It works fine when it works fine plugged in it even syncs, I can tap the screen it and it lights up . Unplugged it works  for a second then the screen turns off it doesn't turn on again. 

I have charged it fully and the sync shows a full battery. But still no joy.

I didn't think my Alta would last only a few years. Please help.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Susan_p, welcome to the Community Forums! My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post. I recommend you to follow the below steps to perform a restart on your Alta, such process should resolve this situation:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes