Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device working only when plugged into charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a new Alta for Christmas and it will not work unless connected to a charger.  Tried deleting app 2x as well as "forgetting" device 2x and starting it over again.  

Any help or guidance?  Thinking we may have a dud. 😞

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @LisaGff, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting too. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried the article you suggested and the problem still persists. My fit bit will not connect to Bluetooth. When it is on the charger, it runs fine. The minute it is removed from the charger, it will not tap on, track any steps, or sync with my phone. I would like to resolve this issue soon so I can start using it!
Thank you,
Lisa

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @LisaGff, my apologies for the delayed reply.

Thanks for the information that was shared with me. To move forward with this and for a better understanding of the issue you're experiencing, can you please let me know if after unplugging your Alta from the charging cable your device becomes unresponsive or you are unable to sync it? If your device isn't tracking steps, the restart process that was shared before should rectify this situation.

In regards the syncing difficulties, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using? I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes