Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device working only when plugged into charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I have my alta plugged in it is on. It syncs, and says 100% charged. 
Then I take it off the charger and immediately the device turns off. 
I have followed the instructions on how to reset the device. Plug into the computer and press the button 3 times with 1 second between presses. 

This has not helped at all. 

Any other ideas as to why the device will not stay on?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Kelnigi, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you with further assistance regarding the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I bought mine used though. But the same problem. When it's plugged in it comes on but when I unplug it it won't come on. 

Please help!

raek76

Thank you in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had one with exactly this problem.  I replaced it with another one.  That one had the same problem.  After more than a month of dealing with support, they sent me a replacement for the second one.  Now that one is doing the exact same thing.  It seems that there is a serious software problem.

Best Answer

I am facing the same issue with my Fitbit Alta. It stays switched on when it charges, but when I take it off charging, it shuts down randomly in spite of 80% - 100% charge. I have tried restarting the device several times but it's of no use. I checked Fitbit forums and see other people facing the same issue, so I am definitely not a one-off case.
I had a chat with a Fitbit support lady and she offered me the generic 25% discount, however, I would not want to invest in a product that doesn't last even minimal usage.

Is there a solution to this issue or has my Fitbit Alta become a piece of junk that needs to be thrown in the trash.

Best Answer

I have brought this new. And is doing the same thing.  
fully charged, only works when charging. 
have tried resetting 

any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

Best Answer

they appear to have a software problem, caused during one of their updates.  they, of course, won't admit to it.  best solution is to throw the device away and buy something else.  several great inexpensive trackers available on amazon. I bought a Lintelek for $30.  came in 2 days.  works great.

Best Answer

I have a Surge that will not work when it is not plugged into charger.  I'd love to know the solution.  I've tried every combination of sync, reset and every other "solution" offered.  Please help.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

throw your fit bit away. fit bit has no solution and apparently doesn't
care based on their total lack of response to the many complaints and
posts. calling their customer service dept is a waste of time. they offer
a discount on a new one, you can buy a much better tracker for 20% of the
cost on amazon.

--
Yours truly,
Howie   

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

They ended up giving me a small credit to buy a new fit bit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They should care about keeping the customer happy and satisfied!

Fitbit is not cheap and for the money we should have a forum where our questions are addressed and

not make the consumer wait for the problem or issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly whats been happening with me!

i spoke with fitbit and they have sent me a new pebble but i cant get this one to set up! arrghhh..

i would suggest contacting fitbit 

Best Answer

Oh My Word! This is the exact same thing that happens to mine! I got my fitbit exactly nine months ago and it has been doing this for three months! It is super annoying. I have tried several times to try to fix it but it will not turn on if it is not plugged in! I guess I will have to install a outlet in my arm so I can have it on my wrist to work! 😄

Best Answer