Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen on my Alta has started turning off, the only way I can get it back on is to plug into the mains. The battery never seems to charge fully. I have reset it several times. Any ideas please

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Welcome to the Forums @Jillbl

Thanks for sharing your inquiry and performing the restart, let me help you out. Before we move forward please attempt following the charging best practices and keep an eye on it. 

If you're still getting trouble feel free to post here so I can further help you! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too seem to be experiencing the same issue. I am not sure if it has to do with the last upgrade,  but It seems there are many people experiencing this same issue. Mine shuts off all the time and once I plug it in and do a reset, it will work for a day or two and then shut down and we start all over. So is there an upgrade coming soon? I have gotten to where I no longer wear mine.

Best Answer

I have tried all these and it still dies after a few hours. The battery is showing 3/4 full 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I'm getting a code V21.40.02. No idea what that means, and neither did the customer support person I talked to.

Best Answer

Mine started about two weeks ago...either they are all dying at the 2 year mark (mine is a little over 2) or some update is causing them to fail.  I have asked if the lifespan is 2 years but based on the number of folks with the same issue, i really wonder if ti's the update?

Best Answer

I’ve not heard anything from Alta since they sent me one email asking where I bought it. Don’t think they are really interested. I’ve really liked my Fitbit Alta but won’t buy another if this is the customer service they offer

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

It has to do with the last upgrade and if you are using an new phone., they are not supported I go through this every year. I have had my alta since they came out with it. But I am getting a little overly frustrated with this.

Best Answer

Hi everyone and welcome to the new users! 

@Jillbl @Jflynn @christib I've noticed that you've already contacted Support, if you need more information about the warranty policies you can take a look at it here

@sharrie If you've already tried the charging tips please check out the instructions listed on this great article.

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, did you ever get yours to work again? Mine is doing the same thing and I have tried several times to reboot it but still nothing. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, had to buy a new one. If it's around 2 yrs, it's probably done. Funny story, my new one flipped out and did a similar thing last month but I couldn't get it to reset or anything. That one was under warranty and replaced without question. Call/contact support either way. You might get a replacement or a discount .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea, mine is 2 years old for sure..... so annoying this happened with my Charge HR too when it was 2 years old. lol They are like Apple with killing the iphone batteries about 2 years in hahahaha

Did you get a different model or the same fitbit? 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
 I stuck with the Alta. Not sure I want/need the fancy watch version just yet...or if the fitbit version is better for me or something else.ChristiSent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t replaced it with anything, decided to join a gym programme and do a full body workout and healthy eating programme rather than relying on just steps. Lost 10lbs and feel really well.
I wouldn’t buy another Fitbit as both the 5he ones I have had only lasted 2years each.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will not get another Fitbit.

No. Gave up and tossed it. Won't ever buy another.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys, good to see you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still having problems with your trackers turning off. If you're still experiencing this and would like me to escalate your  case to the Support Team for them to provide more help, let me know and I'll be happy to do it for you.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, but coming a little late, don't you think?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem..Just called the support line and all I got is we can send you a 25% off coupon.  Absolutely disgusted!  I did not do anything wrong with the Fitbit, clearly from this forum it is a Fitbit problem.  I will NEVER PURCHASE another Fitbit again.  I spent 45 minutes on the phone with customer support for them to tell me press a button 3 times, and oh well it doesn't work so now you need to buy another one.  Absolutely ridiculous!  Fitbit should be embarrassed by this behaviour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you around @regfarrell @Jflynn.

I'm sorry, my intention is to help. Are you still having problems? Would you like me to escalate your case to the Support Team for more assistance?

@Jflynn, I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the offer. If you'd like to take advantage of it at any point, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a solution for this problem?  I am having the exact same problem with my Alta, also around 2 yrs old.  After I reset it a couple of times it usually starts working again but only for a day or two.  Again, it shows 3/4 charge.  Please do whatever you can to find out if there is a solution.  This fitbit was a gift and I have no way to replace it so if it won't work right it will have to be retired permanently and I will not have one anymore.

Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes