Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta screen has gone black. I have tried restarting it by plugging into USB. The alta vibrates when connected and vibrates each time the button is pressed within seven seconds but the screen does not light up at all. I have tried cleaning the connectors with alcohol and then restarting by it still has a black screen. It is fully charged and is still syncing with my phone. Any ideas please?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @KimmyMitch74, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting this matter prior to posting. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you with further assistance regarding the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon.  

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing too! I can see the display when its plugged into the charger so I know it's not completely dead or broken. Someone please help! I miss wearing my fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing exactly the same. Im assuming the battery has gone as it stays on whilst plugged in but turns off immediately I remove it from the plug. Can the battery be replaced or will it mean buying a new fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats what im wondering too. It seems too much of a cooincidence that so nany people are hagthis exact problem and if it was a problem with the battery I wouldn't think it would charge or come on at all even if it's plugged in. Mine is holding a charge and will sync when plugged in.....

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband has a very similar problem but with his laptop. His battery just will not hold the charge so he can only use it whilst plugged in. No point having a watch though if it needs to be plugged into the electricity supply all day.

Mine is synching fine and says it has a full battery but when I remove it from my laptop it stops working. 

Such a pain. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fit bit is brand new. Received today and mine is the same thing

Displays on the charger but once I unplug it goes black. I am so disappointed. 

Best Answer

Mine is brand new and doing the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is beand new and doing the same black screen

Best Answer
0 Votes