Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical instead of walking shows on activity log, why?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit alta has logged my last two walks as elliptical instead of walking, why?
Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

At the grocery store it won't track steps at all if both hands are pushing the cart 😂😅🤷‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am the exact same, didn't have any issues with my versa 2 for the first couple months and now it tracks my walks as elliptical. I don't know why it has changed?! Now I'm thinking I should just manually start the walk exercise before setting off so that it records it correctly. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

I just got my Versa 2 and I have the same issue. If I get rid of the elliptical shortcut, it doesn’t register my walks as activity at all. I never had this issue with my Charge 2. What’s up?

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same problem with my (old) Alta HR. I sometimes use a walkingaid or stick and then Fitbit logs as outdoor cycling...Perhaps use manual registration while pushing a shoppingcart or babypram...😋😋 Goodluck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a versa 2 also. Make that 5 years :(( it's almost 2022 and mine did this yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My last comment was supposed to be a reply to another comment but showed up by itself. Meant to say...it's been 5 years since the original post in 2016. Nobody at Fitbit is going to help? I don't want to try to fix the problem, bc people who have tried that seem to have made things worse and now their watch won't count steps at all anymore. This is not cool. I haven't even had my watch for 6 months. 

Best Answer