Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update vs bluetooth problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got an Alta HR today, but it still has the original firmware installed. So when I try to pair with bluetooth, it shows up as "atom" (not "alta hr"), which I've selected. But when trying to update the firmware, the device can't be found. Even though it can sync my steps!

I reset/restarted the device HUNDREDS of times. restarted the phone HUNDREDS of times, installed/uninstalled the app, forced-stop the app, logged out/logged in the app, tried from other devices...HUNDREDS of times, it does not work.

It keeps on displaying "fitbit.com/setup" on the device, no matter WHAT I do.

I did ask for help on the help centre but they keep telling me to restart this or uninstall that...did not work. 

What else can I try?

Thanks!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I’m having the same problem!!!!   Have you found a solution?  Please share if you do.  Thanks!

Best Answer

No unfortunately not 😞 

Best Answer

This is soooo frustrating - and disappointing!  😠

Best Answer

Same problem with me.  I even tried a new Alta hr (I bought 2 at the time).  Cannot get a display.  Customer service could not help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto to all of the comments - I’ve been trying to set up my backup Alta HR for weeks now, exact same thing this whole time. It’s found at “Atom”, is recognized as present by Fitbit app, says firmware update is available, starts the update but stops almost instantly and goes back to saying update available. 
on the fitbit itself, the screen continues to tell me to go to Fitbit’s setup page. 🤦‍:female_sign:

While I’m relieved it’s not just user error, or something wrong on my end, this thread is disturbing. If they are just counting the Fitbit Alta HR too old to fix, would be nice if they just came out and told us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, they should have just left the hardware support as is. I also have two backups because I liked the Alta HR style and didn't want one of the clunky new versions. But they won't get past the setup screen, even though the functions seem to work - counts steps, tracks 250/hr, etc. It seems when they say hardware update is available, they mean buy a new device. So sad when manufacturers have to "update" things that are working. 😪

Best Answer
0 Votes