Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR suddenly stopped responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta HR was more than half charged when it suddenly stopped working earlier this evening. I got it last March so it is just a year old. 

Ive tried attaching it to the charger and pressing the button on the usb connector three times. This has had no effect. Any other solutions?

Modertor edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hi there @Kalethedog , welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that your Alta HR stopped working suddenly and thanks a lot for all that you've tried to get it to work. I'd like to help you out with this.

I've escalated your case to our Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need more help, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I am having same issues 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as well. Is it coincidence we are all having this issue suddenly?

Best Answer

Mine stopped responding as well. I've tried the restarting thing but it only works while it is connect to the computer. Once I unplug it it turn off and is unresponsive.

Best Answer

I’ve come across three other people having the same issue with their ALTA HR. How does Fitbit justify this? Something that costs $150 should not be lasting only a little over a year. Customer Support Team should also offer replacements if this is a known issue instead of a percentage off a new tracker. Just my opinion 

Best Answer
Yes, its very frustrating. And the response time on this is slow

Regards,
Geoffrey Cardoso
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. It looks like my device isn’t holding a charge although it acknowledges when connected to the charger.. When I unplug from the charger, the device shows a constant empty battery light. 

I got my device for Christmas 2017, so just over a year ago.

Best Answer
I contacted the help desk via chat line, and ,although it takes about an hour to sort out possible fault finding, the person I was chatting to was extremely helpful and the consequences are that Fitbit are replacing my device. (I live in the uk and because it is part of the European Ecconomic Area, only just!, there is a two year warranty agreement with Fitbit!)
My device was given to me last February/March.
It is disappointing that the devices can suddenly stop working but I think the customer service is of a very high standard.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome you are receiving a replacement. Unfortunately I am not 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems to be a problem with the new version update 26.63.2, every since they pushed the updated we have had issues 

i wish they can fix it

Best Answer

I have called and complained again today stating this is a well known issue in the Fitbit community. All I get is I am sorry we can not provide you a replacement but we appreciate your feedback. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler

My AltaHR has had the same issue the last 2 days...and mine is only 3 months old. This is very disappointing 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be eligible for a replacement if yours is only 3 months old. Best of luck

Best Answer

Being a newbie...where/how doin I go about requesting a replacement? Thank you for any help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into the app, go to your account, go down to help and select contact customer service. There is a phone number. I can’t remember where (take a look around in the app) there is also a live chat

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine quit working Tuesday night and is just over 1yr old as well! The icons on the fitbit kept scrolling thru uncontrollably, it wouldn't keep time nor count steps anymore, plus it drained the battery within hours. The reset didn't work for me either. I contacted fitbit yesterday. Only thing they'd do is give me a % off a new one ONLY if I purchased it from their online store. This seems to be a bigger problem then they realize. Yes, for what you pay for this devise, wish it would last longer!!

Best Answer

Exactly my thoughts and now I am reluctant on purchasing another one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @geoffrey_mark, thank you for the information you've provided, it seems that you already have a case created with the Customer Support team, so you should be getting a reply soon for further assistance with this. Let me know how it goes. 

Thank you for your feedback @SunsetRunner, @Sonomabrez, unfortunately it's possible your device was not longer covered by the warranty period. It wouldn't be possible to offer any alternatives here through the Community forums, so it's necessary to send the information to Customer Support to check the warranty status of the product, but you can check the complete policy here, this would start from the date of purchase.

@gizmospop, thank you for confirming that you already tried the restart, I've gone ahead and sent your information to Customer Support, so you should be getting a reply soon. 

Thank you for the details, and welcome to the forums @Dindle92@Cindy_McGreevy , please let me know if you already tried the restart procedure?  

I'm sorry to see you've experienced the same difficulty @Kalethedog, but it's good to know your experience with Support was positive, thank you for sharing this information. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine in Sept, 2017 and it had worked flawlessly until this morning.  I plugged it in last night to charge it and this morning, it is dead, dead, dead.  I have been with customer service chat twice today and they have given me the same discount offer.  I would hate to think that this company has somehow programmed these things to quit after a certain length of time but it sure is frustrating.  I really love the device but I don’t know if I want to purchase another one and have the same issue in a few months.  

Best Answer