Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR suddenly stopped responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta HR was more than half charged when it suddenly stopped working earlier this evening. I got it last March so it is just a year old. 

Ive tried attaching it to the charger and pressing the button on the usb connector three times. This has had no effect. Any other solutions?

Modertor edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Yes very frustrating. I ended up accepting their offer and purchased a charge 3, so far no issues. If it does end up like the last one, I will be done with Fitbit 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues!!

this is the second pebble this has happened to, it seems they only have a 3 months life span.

Ive emailed firbit twice no response???

Please help.

Many Thanks

Rachel

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @djlowe, @SunsetRunner and @RachelH88, thank you for your reply, and welcome to the new users.

I'm sorry to see that you've been having the same problem with the Alta HR not responding. It's certainly not something that's affecting all users, but we have received many reports and they've been handled by the customer support team, however, they always need to adhere to the official warranty policy described here.  

@RachelH88, I've sent your information to the customer support team again, but it seems they already sent you a reply, could you please confirm if you were able to get their response? 

Let me know if you have further questions.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what happened to mine.  It's over a year old, too.  So of course it is out of warranty.  This is a very disappointing piece of equipment.   Were you able to get a new one or fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do?  I feel the same about mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I’m having the same problem. Can you help me?

My Fitbit Alta HR was more than half charged when it suddenly stopped working earlier this evening. I got it last March so it is just a year old. 

Ive tried attaching it to the charger and pressing the button on the usb connector three times. This has had no effect. Any other solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes the Fitbit customers service have now got in touch and have apologised for not getting back to my original ticket! Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here what the tech said: buy a new one. I think I will just buy a $30 one that does pretty much the same thing. If it lasts a year, so what? It will be the same as the $140 Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @egret2, I'm sorry to see that you've been having the same problem and that it wasn't possible to obtain the replacement.  The customer support will need to adhere to the official warranty policy, which is valid from the original date of purchase. Thank you for all the feedback you've provided about this, and the discount received. 

Thank you for confirming that you already tried to restart the device. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the customer support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

It's good to know that you're receiving assistance from customer support, thank you for the update @RachelH88

Let me know if you have further questions.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having what seems to be the same issue. I found if i turn notification for my Alta off in the FitBit app the random crash/power offs don't happen. 

I tried just messages and just calendar and they both result in a crash of the Alta after a few notifications. 

Anyway it is a firmware or app issue and not hardware? If i have notifications off, the Alta stays on for days.

Best Answer
0 Votes