Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta Hr screen all of a sudden didn’t come on when I tapped the screen, I thought it was dead. When I plugged it in the screen started flashing through all it icons very fast and know won’t stop. I tried rebooting it and nothing happened. 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Catlisa Oh dear! Try restarting it several times more. If that doesnt help then it sounds like it is dying. How long have you had it?

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have had it less than a year now. Now it’s just flashing the Fitbit logo

Best Answer

I have flagged a moderator to come and help you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue, but my Alta HR is about 1 1/2 years old. I woke up this morning and it was just flashing icons. I put it on the charger and try to restart it and it keeps flashing. For a while, it just went black and died. Then it came back to life and acted normal for all of two minutes before it started flashing through the icons again. I do wear it every day and it's looking a little sad at this point, but not even lasting two years is a disappointment. 

Best Answer

@Catlisa @luckyJQ9 welcome to our Fitbit Community! Since your Alta HR trackers are still experiencing display issues after you guys restarted them as recommended, let me go ahead and forward your cases to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Thank you for your help @NellyG!

I'll be around if you guys have any questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Alta HR 1.5 yrs. It stopped registering HR last week. This week the screen started flashing icons like crazy. I called the help line (tried restarting, etc..) They were super helpful but the problem didn’t resolve. Eventually admin contacted me and offered me a 25% discount on a new one.

Am not buying another Fitbit even though I loved it. Am on my 3rd wrist band because they kept breaking.I expected my Alta HR to last longer and to be more durable. 

Best Answer

@Juego thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the screen issues that your Alta HR experienced. I'm also sorry to hear that your Fitbit is no longer under warranty.

I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this resolved? Mine just started doing the exact same thing tonight. Started the exact same way as well. I’ve tried restarting it several times. It just keeps flashing the Fitbit logo alternating with the charging battery while on the charger. When off the charger it continuously flashes through all of the settings. The green sensor lights won’t turn off. 

Best Answer

They told me that those were signs that it was dead. It wasn't under warranty but they offered me 20% off a new one. I ended up going with a Samsung Galaxy Active that I got a good deal on through Amazon. It was time to upgrade, and I was not thrilled with the quality of the Fitbit.

Best Answer

This happened to my Alta hr.. a few days ago battery started draining faster than before then today when I charge it still counting steps but battery Led won’t stop blinking screen is just blank black 

Best Answer

I am having this exact same issue! Did it get fixed? I have tried resetting but to no avail. Any suggestions please? Would it be possible to forward my issue to the support team please? 

Best Answer

Nope i ended up

buying a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My turn! I'm having the same issues as described above. Last night I noticed my Alta HR was blank, but I had just charged it overnight the night before so knew it was charged. As soon as I tapped the screen, it started flashing very fast between all the icons. I put it on the charger to see if that would reset it or anything and it just flashes between the fitbit icon and the full battery icon. If I take it off the charger, it goes back to constantly flashing very fast to all icons. I've restarted multiple times. Please advise next steps for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They don’t last very long - avoid this brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes