Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify Alta HR version

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have inherited an Alta HR. It's old and the battery obviously needs replacement. Confusingly, there are three versions of the product: FB406, FB408, FB408. So here are my two questions:
1. Is there any way to identify the version from the exterior, that is, without booting it up?
2. Are the batteries forward/backward compatible?

Thanks for giving this your attention.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @onesridhar and welcome to the Community.  Those three model numbers are actually three different devices.  FB406 is the Alta, FB407 is the Charge 2, and FB408 is the Alta HR.  Experienced, electronically minded people can replace batteries.  Keep in mind that the Alta HR was discontinued in 2019.  It is a basic tracker with limited capability compared to later models.  Only you can decide if it is worth the effort to replace the battery.  I certainly wouldn't pay someone to do it.

Tap in the three dots in the upper right if you need to edit a post.  Edit post is in the drop down menu.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, that should read: FB406, FB407, FB408

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry again, for making this such a messy post. (I couldn't find an Edit Post option.) One difference between the models (though I can't figure out which is what) is that the battery may be 36W or 45W.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @onesridhar and welcome to the Community.  Those three model numbers are actually three different devices.  FB406 is the Alta, FB407 is the Charge 2, and FB408 is the Alta HR.  Experienced, electronically minded people can replace batteries.  Keep in mind that the Alta HR was discontinued in 2019.  It is a basic tracker with limited capability compared to later models.  Only you can decide if it is worth the effort to replace the battery.  I certainly wouldn't pay someone to do it.

Tap in the three dots in the upper right if you need to edit a post.  Edit post is in the drop down menu.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, LZeeW. I am fairly electronic-handed, though not particularly well-informed, so will try the fix. 
Oh, I didn't have the Edit Reply option earlier, but now I do. Possibly a feature denied complete newbies...
Thanks again.

Best Answer