Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve lost data from past 1 year

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using Alta HR regularly since August 2017. Two weeks ago, my Fitbit app on iPhone got mistakingly deleted that I have re- installed now but cannot see any of my steps, sleep data that was recorded during past several months. Please let me know on how I can recover this data. I do not see it on my web dashboard either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That is really weird! The data is stored on the Fitbit servers so should still be there. I wonder if you accidently created a new account when you reinstalled the app. You need to log back into your old account with the original email and password. Do you think this is what happened?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

That is really weird! The data is stored on the Fitbit servers so should still be there. I wonder if you accidently created a new account when you reinstalled the app. You need to log back into your old account with the original email and password. Do you think this is what happened?

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nelly, you made my day! it happened on similar lines as you suggested. I had two accounts on Fitbit, one being old that I was not using but logged into that when I setup Fitbit apps again. I have logged back with my current account and see all my past data.

thanks for your suggestion and help

Best Answer
0 Votes

🤣🤣 well I am glad it was easily solved!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't work for me. When I sign back in it's only showing me that my start date was 2019, but I actually started my account in 2018. I'm using the same credentials as I did before - most likely reset my password, but the email is the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes