Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use same Alta tracker for 2 users ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

How can I use same Alta tracker device for 2 users ? I have created two accounts but while data sync, it is not distinguishing between two different users. Please suggest. Just now I have started use of Fitbit Alta tracker. 

Thanks !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Vikram_patil,

You can't really.  All Fitbit trackers are paired with only one account.  The moment you pair it to a second account, it is removed from the first.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi PureEvil, 

in this case, I cant share my tracker to other person ? As per the post available on below link, I can give my tracker to another person.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1715

No ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vikram_patil,

No.  What most of that article describes is:

One user; multiple trackers.

What you want to do is:

Two users; one tracker.

In fact, they explicitly say that two users can't use the same account:

Can two different people use the same account?
No. When you create a Fitbit account you’re asked for personal information, such as height and weight, so that certain data is calculated correctly. For example, your height determines your distance measurement. Setting up unique accounts ensures that each person’s dashboard provides an accurate picture of daily activity. You’re welcome to give your tracker to another person, and that person can create a new account.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Vikram_patil, welcome to the Community! I noticed that @PureEvil kindly provided the info you were looking for. Additionally, you can learn all about your Fitbit Alta at the product manual, give it a look! 

Thanks for your help @PureEvil, it's always nice to see you around! 

Happy stepping! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is disappointing to say the least. Just purchased An Alta Tracker for my wife and I and one one person can use it? I get a personal tracker to track steps and heart rate that must be worn attached to a specific user but tying a scale to only one user does not make sense. Not well thought of. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wait until you want to cancel your Premium Package subscription..you
haven't even begun to experience of Fitbit Frustration!!!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Run4yourlife77 ,

The scales (Aria, Aria 2, and Aria Air) do allow for multiple users.  One user is the one that sets it up and configures it, but then they may invite other users (they need to be friended Fitbit users).  To do this:

1. Launch the Fitbit App.
  2. Tap on the account settings.
  3. Tap on the scale under devices.
  4. Tap on Users.
  5. Tap on "+" to add users.

They'll get an invitation and they'll need to accept.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer