Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta won't work unless plugged in

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've had my Fitbit Alta for about 2-3 years now and it has never failed me. I got it from a Kohl's, brand new. I stopped using it for 4 months and recently started again. I cleaning everything, including the screen and charging port. When I tried syncing it to my phone, I found that it only worked when it's plugged in. I tried finding other community posts with the same problems and the only replies were to plug it in and reset it. I tried resetting but it still won't work unless plugged in. I tried tapping it and it doesn't respond at all. Please help! 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I bought an Alta when they were stopping them as a spare if something happened to my old one . Just tried it outback Same problem only works when plugged in. Fit bit sent an inspire which I dislike. Doesn’t stay synced and is very hard to read. Time to look at other brands. Been with Fitbit since they started but find them unreliable now. Disappointed. Call them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just get the app then go to profile then press help the pres chat then they will give you a return paper then box it the take it to fedex to ship it back then they will send you a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes