Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fitbit Alta HR doesn't work anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey I got a problem, my fitbit just stopped working... No green light anymore, nothing on the screen even if the battery is charged. What can I do ?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Try restarting it multiple times. If that doesnt bring it back to life then yoj will need to contact support (link in my signature ) Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry but your link doesn't tell HOW to Restet your Alta HR, it just says you can. Not helpful. My Alta stopped working last night at 1:00 am. Will not charge "the Alta Gets Hot when you try to charge", won't respond to any button pushing either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To reset your Alta HR, you will need the following:

1.) A computer

2.) The charger

3.) The Alta HR

Plug the Alta HR into the computer as if you were going to charge it.

On the base of the charger, you will notice a little black button.  Press this rapidly and repeatedly for 3-4 seconds, taking breaks with each repetition.  When you see the Fitbit logo and feel the Alta HR vibrate, the restart was successful.  Please do this process about 2-3 times to make sure the reset takes.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

This did help. I now can see activity on my screen again. Battery was half full. Hope this is not the beginning of the end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta hr began to “act up” about a month ago, and after researching the options to address the problems I’ve experienced from a device I’ve owned for only 18 months—-

After full charge, device battery dies after 6 hours

Even when battery is charged, device displays stops showing after a few hours

Fitbit app doesn’t find device by way of Bluetooth 

I’ve tried all the recommended fixes repeatedly for the past 3 weeks. I tried again last night: I cleaned the contacts with alcohol & w/small brush, then used charging cord, and plugged in device to my computer usb. This morning the display worked, but after 15 minutes or so, the device stopped working again.

So I gave up and called Fitbit this morning. I waited 20 minutes to finally speak with someone who spent 15 minutes walking me through all the fixes I’ve already tried. Then, they put me on hold and came back to tell me they’d give me a 25% discount on a new Fitbit device. I told them we paid well over $100 (it was a gift, and I believe the cost of the device was closer to $200) for this one and it shouldn’t have stopped working this soon after the warranty expired. (I was told the warranty on it expired 12/20/2018) I said I was NOT interested in buying another Fitbit device. They put me on hold again and came back to offer a 40% discount on a new device. I repeated I was NOT interested in buying a new device. I asked for a replacement and was told they could not do that, but they would be happy to give me a 40% discount on a new device. I told them that if they couldn’t resolve by providing a replacement, the conversation is over. Then, the fellow asked if he could do anything else, so I hung up.

I won’t be giving this company anymore of my money; they know there is a serious problem from the many posts I’m seeing from folks having the same issues. 40% discount indeed. I guess this thing is going into the trash.🤬 

Best Answer

This is the second time I am experiencing the same issue with my Fitbit, my flex stopped working a week after the warranty expired called the customer service at first they offered me a discount refused they replaced it but it broke again after about a year again so I decided to upgrade to the AltraHR of course yet again a year later it broke the green light would not go off.. I did everything to fix myself because I didn’t want to go through the hassle of customer service but when it didn’t work called and they offered me 25% off that they couldn’t replace it.

My personal believe is that the company is that company designed this product to only last one year its a manufacturing strategy because once the consumer is hooked on the product they will keep coming back, there staff are trained to offer you a discount to get another device as human beings once we are offered a discount it’s human nature you’ll take it and in some cases upgrade so either way it’s win win situation for them they’re not losing any money by offering you a discount it probably cost them pennies to a dollar to manufacture and they retained you. 
I wouldn’t spend another $200 to purchase another product from this company there are other products out cheaper and offers the same services. 

Best Answer

These seem to be good,  at best two years and then they die for good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit worked until 10pm last night. It doesn’t charge, respond to taps, no green lights, won’t sync to iPhone, I attempted the restart multiple times...it gave me a v26....code. I left it in charger all night. I reinstalled the Fitbit app.  It still does nothing. Why did it suddenly stop working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta HR did the exact same thing today. I’m sure this is a Fitbit issue, especially since this happened exactly two days after I was told to delete my existing Fitbit App and reinstall it because of a known issue on the App. Clearly there is another issue!!! It’s definitely not a coincidence that so many people’s devices are all dying in the same way at the same time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue! I hope fitbit is not doing this on purpose to phase out so you would buy a new fitbit tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked like a charm, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes